Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A major strike against Juwan Howard...

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

A major strike against Juwan Howard...

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:58 pm

Not a good look for the program or for Juwan Howard. Hunter Dickinson has entered the transfer portal:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 053178007/

Not a good look for Warde Manuel, either, for that matter.

Matt

Re: A major strike against Juwan Howard...

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:45 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:58 pm
Not a good look for the program or for Juwan Howard. Hunter Dickinson has entered the transfer portal:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 053178007/

Not a good look for Warde Manuel, either, for that matter.
Disagree - Hunter is not an NBA guy and is likely going somewhere for a pay day.

EDIT: I don't want to make clear that Juwan has a make or break season next year and I'm not a Warde fan personally, but a departure like this doesn't move the needle for me. Hunter has made me cringe more than once by talking shit when he didn't back it up.

EDIT 2: While I have your attention, could you boot keto, ll's latest account?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:06 pm

Just...wow. :shock:

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:08 pm

Seems like there is more to the story, but I agree with MW, not a good look for Juwan. I think he was a very good offensive college center. He passed very well, but that talent was underutilized by Howard. I think Juwan wanted to highlight his kid and Dickenson resented it. If Bufkin leaves, this team will have a hard team beating Minnesota for the bottom.

Matt is 💯 right about keto though.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:22 am

I've not seen any IP matches on Keto that would cause me concern, and I've not seen any foul or offensive language used.

As for Dickinson, I agree that Juwan Howard failed to bring out his best potential. The fact the most prominent player on the squad is leaving the program despite not declaring for the NBA draft is a bad look indeed.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:54 pm

Hunter Dickinson sounds off on Juwan Howard and Michigan in his new podcast episode.

“All he cared about this year was showcasing Jett… with the guys he’s targeting in the portal they might struggle to even make the NIT next year.”

https://twitter.com/DeepWaterTime/statu ... 5413165058

.....and now Bufkin is gone.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:44 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:54 pm
Hunter Dickinson sounds off on Juwan Howard and Michigan in his new podcast episode.

“All he cared about this year was showcasing Jett… with the guys he’s targeting in the portal they might struggle to even make the NIT next year.”

https://twitter.com/DeepWaterTime/statu ... 5413165058

.....and now Bufkin is gone.
Fake news about Hunter. I don't think developing Bufkin into a first round pick is a notch against the staff.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:52 pm

We shall see if he actually goes in the first round. I have my doubts.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:08 am

I don't pretend to anything more than casual fan of any sports anymore. Not sure why my interest has waned so much as I've gotten older.
In any case my casual gut says Juwan Howard needs to go away. Sooner or later he will force the issue if nothing else.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:17 pm

More like, a major COUP for Juwan Howard: https://mgoblog.com/content/caleb-love- ... g-michigan

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:26 pm

A guy with a 36% career FG percentage? Big deal.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 10, 2023 10:05 pm

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 11, 2023 5:20 am

Does this clown want sympathy or something? Six figures for a college student would be damn good to the rest of them. He’s whining because he got just under that with likely no bills? Shit… he could high roll around campus at that rate. A Benz and a girl on each arm… but they’d have to be MSU girls. Michigan is where the smart girls go. MSU is where the hot girls go.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 17, 2023 7:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:17 pm
More like, a major COUP for Juwan Howard: https://mgoblog.com/content/caleb-love- ... g-michigan
:red

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 18, 2023 10:16 am

It was never a major coup to start with, so I'm not at all disappointed by this player's rescission.

Caleb Love is an underachiever.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic