Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Lions 2023

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Detroit Lions 2023

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:59 am

My friend posted this:

This is the time we show who is a true Lions fan and who is just a bandwagon fan and grateful to know the diff
I responded:

Lions fans: it’s okay to be pissed off.

We should have an empathetic attitude to those who have been repeatedly screwed over when we have heard “this is the year” for years. You can’t be upset with Lions fans who are 30 game minutes away from a Super Bowl(which has NEVER happened before) and they lead by 17 points. The team blows the lead by the highest of any championship game margin. We have a right to be mad. Let us be mad online rather than taking it out on someone or something.

We all know Ben Johnson is gone so we may have lost our window.

I want to stress again. It wasn’t that the Lions lost, it is HOW they lost that gets me upset.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:26 am

Danny Campbell is a loser!! Kick the field goals on 4th Down next time!!!

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:27 am

Were they're any flipped cars or fights after the loss?????

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:39 am

I can almost understand the first snap on 4th down as the Lions still led comfortably at that point and were deep in Niners territory. The thinking was probably this: "If we don't convert, our defense will pull through."

The second one after trailing by 3? A terrible decision of epic proportions.

That said, sloppiness and the Niners ability to capitalize is what cost this team the most. To allow the Niners to score 27 unanswered points in such a short span is ridiculous.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:39 am

This is the dumbest motherfucker on the Lions: https://twitter.com/TSV__1/status/17517 ... GChwQ&s=19

He's also the one who took the stupid blindside block penalty on the INT return.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:18 am

Gardner-Johnson needs to be sent packing. He is a UFA this off-season.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:13 am

SOL is back from vacation.
  • Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
  • 20 people with 20 different reasons why they lost
  • shell shocked fans wondering what the hell happened
  • coaches making questionable decisions that impact the outcome
SOL to me was never just about losing seasons. It is about the ways they find to lose that make fans slap their collective heads.
Blowing a 17 point lead with 30 minutes to the Super Bowl is an SOL thing to do. It's just that the bar has gotten higher.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:27 am

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:13 am
SOL is back from vacation.
  • Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
  • 20 people with 20 different reasons why they lost
  • shell shocked fans wondering what the hell happened
  • coaches making questionable decisions that impact the outcome
SOL to me was never just about losing seasons. It is about the ways they find to lose that make fans slap their collective heads.
Blowing a 17 point lead with 30 minutes to the Super Bowl is an SOL thing to do. It's just that the bar has gotten higher.
I miss Jim Brandstatter saying, "I'm speaking here from the subdued Lions locker room."

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:37 am

I'm not seeing SOL. I'm seeing SOF. Same old fans. JFC. I've heard calls on 97.1, people wanting Sheila's head, Campbell's job, my God. This wasn't blowing a lead to Chicago to go 1-6 on the season. Yes, mistakes were made. But we just played the NFC title game. Let's also not forget, it was against the NUMBER. ONE. SEED. In the conference.

Now, if the Lions go 6-11 next year, or need 7 teams to lose to get the final seed and get blown out on the road, fine. We'll talk.

Unreal.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:14 pm

Campbell didn't drop the pass on fourth down right in his hands. Campbell didn't fumble on his own 25. Campbell didn't have a ball somehow bounce off his face mask directly to a Niner. I didn't like the coaching calls, especially eschewing the 2nd fg, but that's what Campbell. The players let him down. This one will take a while to get over.
The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:18 pm

I do agree that Reynolds, Vildor and Gibbs deserve more of the blame for the game's outcome than Campbell.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:32 pm

BMW touched on this already, but here's what the NY Post had to say about Campbell's clock management and decision making in desperation time:
Desperate to extend the game, Campbell could have — should have — done one of two things as his team drove down the field down 10 with under two minutes to go. He could have gone for a field goal when there were still about 80 seconds left, still armed with all his timeouts. He didn’t. On third-and-goal, he chose a running play, meaning he had to burn a timeout. The Lions scored but couldn’t execute the onside kick.

And that was that.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:34 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:32 pm
BMW touched on this already, but here's what the NY Post had to say about Campbell's clock management and decision making in desperation time:
Desperate to extend the game, Campbell could have — should have — done one of two things as his team drove down the field down 10 with under two minutes to go. He could have gone for a field goal when there were still about 80 seconds left, still armed with all his timeouts. He didn’t. On third-and-goal, he chose a running play, meaning he had to burn a timeout. The Lions scored but couldn’t execute the onside kick.

And that was that.
The running play was a ridiculous call. Onside kicks virtually never are successful in today's NFL.
The censorship king from out of state.

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:45 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:05 am
bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:03 am
I get it, and I don't have a problem with them going for 4th downs frequently. But situation matters. And Campbell seems to lack situational awareness at times with regards to 3 points being very beneficial relative to the risk of not converting on 4th down. And tonight's 3rd quarter decision was one of those times. Being up 17 was as good as being up 21 at that point in the game, but being up only 14 and giving SF the ball with good field position was too risky. Not to mention, it puts you right back to where you were at halftime, except now half of the 3rd quarter is gone too.
It was the wrong decision. But he hasn't trusted his kicker in 2 years. He wasn't gonna change now.
I would like to point out that the first half more-or-less ended with another such decision - albeit with close to the goal line rather than a 4th down. He did choose to kick that one. But if he'd tried for the TD instead? If he'd tried for it and gotten it and then they're up 21 instead of 17? You're not going to see many pointing that one out too (perhaps rightfully so, given the second half). But if we want to examine all the different x-factors in this game, that's another one.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:46 pm

As a non-Lions fan living in Michigan, I am happy for all the success your team had this season. I watched the game on a plane heading to Detroit. It was like being in a sports bar. I am reminded of this quote from Billy Beane, long time GM of the Oakland A's.
“If we don’t win the last game of the series, they’ll dismiss us. I know these guys, I know the way they think, and they will erase us.” – Billy Beane
Be supportive of what your team accomplished. The coach you are roasting is the same guy who created the opportunity.
Last edited by TC Talks on Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic