Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NFL Playoffs

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: NFL Playoffs

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:04 am

:cry: :cry: Got my clock cleaned.

There is an adage to bet underdogs WC weekend. Too bad I was too stupid to abide by it.

Dusting myself off to get ready for next weekend. I'll be sure to post my plays so you guys can fade me.

The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:54 pm

Dan Campbell on the Manningcast tonight.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:08 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:54 pm
Dan Campbell on the Manningcast tonight.
Somehow, Campbell increases the IQ in that room.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:31 pm

A division winner with a losing record and a TERRIBLE HC probably never deserved to be in the playoffs.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:16 am

GOAT or no GOAT, somebody tell Brady to hang 'em up already. :rolleyes Can we add the Bucs in the draft quest for a QB?

And have the Cowboys canned Maher yet? Imagine missing FIVE consecutive extra points! Bad time to be getting the yips.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:37 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:16 am
GOAT or no GOAT, somebody tell Brady to hang 'em up already. :rolleyes Can we add the Bucs in the draft quest for a QB?

And have the Cowboys canned Maher yet? Imagine missing FIVE consecutive extra points! Bad time to be getting the yips.
Final score was 31-14, and the over/under number was 45 1/2. You think there are a few people pissed at him?!? :lol:

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:40 am

moldyoldie wrote:

Brady can play as long as he wants. He is still playing at a high level.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:15 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:40 am
moldyoldie wrote:

Brady can play as long as he wants. He is still playing at a high level.
:lol:

SD45

Post by SD45 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:35 pm

Chargers fired OC Joe Lombardi and QB coach Shane Day on Tuesday.

Jim Schwartz to become Browns DC.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:11 pm

SD45 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:35 pm
I thought for certain he'd eventually get another head coaching gig, but apparently he knows his niche.

I read Jim Caldwell is getting a head coaching interview, but he's getting up there in age. If he did somehow get the job, he'd be the first ex-Lions head coach to do so in my NFL watching lifetime since George Wilson waaay back when the Dolphins were an expansion team in the '60s. Even then, they were in the old AFL before the merger. I don't count Dick Jauron's more recent interim gig with the Bills.

I wonder if Matt Patricia is the heir apparent in New England should Belichick ever retire.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:28 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:11 pm
SD45 wrote:
I thought for certain he'd eventually get another head coaching gig, but apparently he knows his niche.

I read Jim Caldwell is getting a head coaching interview, but he's getting up there in age. If he did somehow get the job, he'd be the first ex-Lions head coach to do so in my NFL watching lifetime since George Wilson waaay back when the Dolphins were an expansion team in the '60s. I don't count Dick Jauron's more recent interim gig with the Bills.

I wonder if Matt Patricia is the heir apparent in New England should Belichick ever retire.
Wilson technically doesn’t count. He was the coach in Miami until 1969 when it was the AFL still. The merger happened in 1970. So the official line is that since Bobby Lane cursed the team no Lions head coach has ever head coached in the NFL again. Dick Jauron was an interim here too so I don’t count him either.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:30 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:28 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:11 pm
SD45 wrote:

I read Jim Caldwell is getting a head coaching interview, but he's getting up there in age. If he did somehow get the job, he'd be the first ex-Lions head coach to do so in my NFL watching lifetime since George Wilson waaay back when the Dolphins were an expansion team in the '60s. I don't count Dick Jauron's more recent interim gig with the Bills.

Wilson technically doesn’t count. He was the coach in Miami until 1969 when it was the AFL still. The merger happened in 1970. So the official line is that since Bobby Lane cursed the team no Lions head coach has ever head coached in the NFL again.
Yes, I amended my post to note that. You're too fast for me. :P

- Sydney J. Harris

SD45

Post by SD45 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:46 pm

Jerod Mayo is who they like in New England.

Patricia and Joe Judge just ran back to the Patriots to stay employed.

Just imagine if Don Shula, who was a Lions assistant stuck around and became head coach.
Last edited by SD45 on Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:04 pm

SD45 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:46 pm
Just imagine if Don Shula, who was a Lions assistant stuck around and became head coach.
The same could be said of Chuck Knox; he was OC under Joe Schmidt before his success as HC with the Rams. I remember there being a discussion if we should go with Knox or Monte Clark as the next head coach. It reminds me a bit of the current Ben Johnson situation...just a bit.

- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:16 pm

Joe Lombardi was OC for the Chargers?

That explains a lot! 😁

I think the NFL should go from eight divisions to four. Play each team in your own division once annually as opposed to twice. Such a change would help prevent mediocre teams from winning divisions (*cough* Tampa Bay *cough*).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic