Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NFL Playoffs

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Rate This

Re: NFL Playoffs

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:33 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:16 pm
Joe Lombardi was OC for the Chargers?

That explains a lot! 😁

I think the NFL should go from eight divisions to four. Play each team in your own division once annually as opposed to twice. Such a change would help prevent mediocre teams from winning divisions (*cough* Tampa Bay *cough*).
Maybe but if the entire group is terrible you are at square one again.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:36 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
I think the NFL should go from eight divisions to four. Play each team in your own division once annually as opposed to twice. Such a change would help prevent mediocre teams from winning divisions (*cough* Tampa Bay *cough*).
I used to think that, but now that they've added an additional wild card, I think this is no longer necessary.

The one change I would support is that in a wild card vs. division winner matchup, home field goes not to the team with the better seed, but rather with the better record (seed being the tiebreaker if both teams have the same record). So I would leave seedings and matchups alone, but like in the case of the Dallas vs. Tampa Bay game, I would have given the home field to Dallas rather than Tampa Bay.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:51 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:36 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
I used to think that, but now that they've added an additional wild card, I think this is no longer necessary.

The one change I would support is that in a wild card vs. division winner matchup, home field goes not to the team with the better seed, but rather with the better record (seed being the tiebreaker if both teams have the same record). So I would leave seedings and matchups alone, but like in the case of the Dallas vs. Tampa Bay game, I would have given the home field to Dallas rather than Tampa Bay.
I think they should also eliminate the bye in favor of 8 teams.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:22 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:51 pm
So we can have even more boring matchups on wild card weekend? Honestly I think 14 teams is pushing it. I thought 12 was just right.

What they maybe SHOULD have done instead of expanding the season to 17 games was leave it at 16 weeks but make week 17 kind of like a play-in week (like the first games in the NCAA tournament). Give each of the 8 division winners a week off (a bye) and the next 16 teams (so the 8 best AFC and 8 best NFC that didn't win their division) play to determine who the 8 other teams are. Then the playoffs officially kick off with 16 teams the following week with each of the 8 division winners getting matched up against the 8 winners from the play-ins. That would effectively put 24 teams into the playoffs.

SD45

Post by SD45 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:13 pm

I'm bored with all the division matchups. We see Eagles and Giants enough in the regular season.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:44 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:22 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:51 pm
So we can have even more boring matchups on wild card weekend? Honestly I think 14 teams is pushing it. I thought 12 was just right.

What they maybe SHOULD have done instead of expanding the season to 17 games was leave it at 16 weeks but make week 17 kind of like a play-in week (like the first games in the NCAA tournament). Give each of the 8 division winners a week off (a bye) and the next 16 teams (so the 8 best AFC and 8 best NFC that didn't win their division) play to determine who the 8 other teams are. Then the playoffs officially kick off with 16 teams the following week with each of the 8 division winners getting matched up against the 8 winners from the play-ins. That would effectively put 24 teams into the playoffs.
At least you’re working with me… I really think we deserved to get in and one bye out of 4 on each side seems kind of ridiculous…

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:05 pm

I usually like Al Michaels, but that wasn't a great call by him. I don't know if it's Dungy being color guy or the fact that most of his TNF games were boring. Kind of a shame.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:09 pm

On the Chiefs today big. Straight and teased to the Niners tomorrow.

.......so bet the Jags and clean up! :lol

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:22 pm

As long as the bills lose tomorrow, everything else is gravy (which I assume is what runs through bills fans veins instead of blood).

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:20 pm

Radioandtventhusiast is right. Al Michaels was terrible last weekend.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:23 pm

Al Michaels is still the best.

The Chiefs may be in trouble without Mahomes.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:08 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:23 pm
Al Michaels is still the best.

The Chiefs may be in trouble without Mahomes.
Mahomes is playing, but Henne lead them on a 98 yard TD drive.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:15 pm

Agnew, you bonehead! :rolleyes

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:18 pm

Curious to know the lines for tomorrow’s games.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:25 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:18 pm
Curious to know the lines for tomorrow’s games.
Buffalo -6. (49)

SF -4. (47)

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic