Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A message to all UMers

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
moldyoldie

A message to all UMers

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:09 am

Aren't you glad it wasn't you? :lol :mrgreen:

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: A message to all UMers

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:10 am

Yes, I am. That was a mauling. Unlike Michigan, Georgia had little difficulty containing the TCU QB.

Georgia was absolutely dominant in the trenches, and everywhere else, for that matter. That was a victory for the ages for them. Statement game x 1000.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:30 am

I think Michigan would have been much closer. They played their worst game of the season and still had a chance to win. TCU also played its best game of the season.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:53 am

Illinois was their worst game, I would contend (even though Michigan won by the skin of its teeth). I'd give second worst game honors to the Michigan - TCU game.

I agree the discrepancy would have been less severe, perhaps much less severe, had Michigan faced Georgia. I don't think any team in the country would've been capable of winning against Georgia last night, though.

As much as I hate to say it, the Buckeyes deserve credit for damn near knocking off Georgia.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:04 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:53 am
Illinois was their worst game, I would contend (even though Michigan won by the skin of its teeth). I'd give second worst game honors to the Michigan - TCU game.

I agree the discrepancy would have been less severe, perhaps much less severe, had Michigan faced Georgia. I don't think any team in the country would've been capable of winning against Georgia last night, though.

As much as I hate to say it, the Buckeyes deserve credit for damn near knocking off Georgia.
How did they respond after that Illinois game? I think they would have had a similar bounce back against Georgia, in terms of effort and execution.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:25 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:30 am
I think Michigan would have been much closer. They played their worst game of the season and still had a chance to win. TCU also played its best game of the season.
51-24. There it’s closer. They would have cleaned our clocks…. Maybe go get the Bears or the Texans. See if they can lose to them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic