Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan football hit with NCAA violations

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Michigan football hit with NCAA violations

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:44 pm

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 783318007/

I'm sure Harbaugh will find a way to paint himself as the victim by the end of this. It's his super power. He's never done anything wrong or unethical in his life, just ask him. It probably assures Jimmy won't be coaching the Wolvies anymore and will be back in the NFL though. Wonder who will get the gig? Bike Hart?

Nice week for the Wolvies. The disaster on NYE, this scandal, and hopefully a loss at Breslin on Saturday.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Re: Michigan football hit with NCAA violations

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:21 am

Michigan self reported an analyst involved in coaching and former recruiting director Matt Dudek's zoom contact with a recruit. Dudek left in early 2021. I expect Michigan to push back hard against the NCAA for trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:51 am

Now if we can only get TCU to get hit with violations. Maybe they would have to forfeit the Michigan game, and Michigan would be in the CFP Championship Game.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:57 am

The headline is currently inaccurate as they have not yet been "hit with violations".
It may very well become accurate shortly.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:04 am

Santa and Warde were aware of this nonsense before the recent comments supporting Coach Harbaugh. Expect Michigan to strongly push back.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:28 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:21 am
Michigan self reported an analyst involved in coaching and former recruiting director Matt Dudek's zoom contact with a recruit. Dudek left in early 2021. I expect Michigan to push back hard against the NCAA for trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
The covid dead period violations aren't the big issue here. As noted, they're Level 2 violations. It's not being upfront with investigators (NCAA and probably UM's own compliance department) that seems to be the big issue here and that's why they slapped a Level I violation on Harbaugh (not the program, Harbaugh). If he would have owned up to it, they probably get slapped with some probation and maybe he gets a fine. But when you try to cover it up, that warrants a stronger response. Just like that Fuckeyes scandal. Getting the free tattoos wasn't the big deal. It was Tressell lying to the NCAA, that wound up getting him canned. It's ALWAYS the cover-up that gets you, not the crime.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:39 pm

There isn't a cover up.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:48 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:39 pm
There isn't a cover up.
Semantics. He lied to the NCAA.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/the-ma ... 59047.html

Pretty much all Harbaugh had to do was acknowledge the mistakes and take some minor sanctions. Almost no one would care or even remember after a few days. Even FBI wiretaps get forgotten these days.

Instead the NCAA alleges he failed to comply with investigators, essentially being dishonest. The details of exactly what that entails will eventually come out.

As such, he caught a Level I violation for essentially a process crime, the latest proof that the cover-up is worse than the crime. Even the most sympathetic Harbaugh fan has to admit this was a self-inflicted scandal.
Last edited by Honeyman on Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:00 pm

That's not what that says. It even contains, "if proven."

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:34 pm

On the surface it doesn't make much sense to "mislead" NCAA investigators when the investigation is about the college football equivalent of going 37 in a 35 zone. But Harbaugh is weird. This has been established. I don't think he's weird enough to do something that would be career-threatening. Blowing a bunch of suits off because they're looking into the smallest of potatoes? Now that I can see happening.

The worst case scenario here seems to be Harbaugh watches a nonconference game or two from a luxury box. Next.
https://mgoblog.com/content/seth-made-m ... llegations

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:41 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:34 pm
On the surface it doesn't make much sense to "mislead" NCAA investigators when the investigation is about the college football equivalent of going 37 in a 35 zone. But Harbaugh is weird. This has been established. I don't think he's weird enough to do something that would be career-threatening. Blowing a bunch of suits off because they're looking into the smallest of potatoes? Now that I can see happening.

The worst case scenario here seems to be Harbaugh watches a nonconference game or two from a luxury box. Next.
https://mgoblog.com/content/seth-made-m ... llegations
Sigh…. If he mislead them about “going 37 in a 35” he’s a moron.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:44 pm
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 783318007/

I'm sure Harbaugh will find a way to paint himself as the victim by the end of this. It's his super power. He's never done anything wrong or unethical in his life, just ask him. It probably assures Jimmy won't be coaching the Wolvies anymore and will be back in the NFL though. Wonder who will get the gig? Bike Hart?

Nice week for the Wolvies. The disaster on NYE, this scandal, and hopefully a loss at Breslin on Saturday.
Still mad lil Bro, 29-7, last October?
Burn a couch tonight, you'll feel better...

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:07 pm

Here for the comments from Sparty slappies...
So far, not disappointed...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:33 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:06 pm

Still mad lil Bro, 29-7, last October?
Burn a couch tonight, you'll feel better...

lidoshuffle wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:07 pm
Here for the comments from Sparty slappies...
So far, not disappointed...
Didn't you once say you root for both teams and you liked each team equally? Guess you were full of shit, huh?

Everybody knew that from all of your other posts, though.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:01 pm

Here it was:
lidoshuffle wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:04 pm
So , anyone listening/listened to today's Sparty show? I have no dog, I root for both schools, great game to watch, but the mutual masturbation going on between Valenti & Rico today was off the charts...thoughts, opinions anyone?
I disagree with Matt all the time, but I know where he stands because he is at least honest. He hates MSU. I get that...I hate UM.

You're just a liar.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic