Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Midget Izzo whines about Nassar fallout

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Midget Izzo whines about Nassar fallout

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:09 am

https://nypost.com/2022/12/07/tom-izzo- ... f-my-life/
Asked about the lowest point of the scandal, Izzo said, “The picture on TV of me, [Mark] Dantonio, and Larry Nassar – it was probably the lowest point in my… life, just because I knew what I thought of Larry Nassar. And there I am, like we’re all buddies, the three of us … Those press conferences… they were attacks. And I thought – to this day – those attacks by certain media [were] uncalled for.”
This was a result of a lengthy investigation by ESPN that John Engler blocked further investigation of: https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/22 ... -case-espn
Izzo’s wife, Lupe, was also not happy with how her husband was covered.

“I was angry,” she said. “I was angry at the media, and you’re the first person… I don’t consider you media. But, I’ve kind of lost respect for a lot of them, because they didn’t stick up for him. They were against him. I used to have them here all the time – have dinners and talk, and Tom was very open to talk to the media, but I think that whole thing kind of scrambled – everybody’s looking for a story and everyone wanted the top billing. And I just saw the ugly part of it…”
It's wild that his wife thinks it's appropriate to be buddy-buddy with the media AND to EXPECT them to run cover for Izzo's inactions. She also must not be aware of the sparty lapdog media: Charboneau, Solari, Couch, and the other sparty fanboys.
Later in the press conference, Izzo expressed the “utmost faith and respect” in then-school president Lou Anna Simon, who ultimately resigned in wake of the scandal.

“I have to say, though, that I have the utmost – the utmost – faith and respect for the leadership of our president, too, at Michigan State,” Izzo said. “That’s a woman who has dedicated over 40 years – and I’ve been here 33 with her, and I think I know what she stands for. So I hope and pray that those survivors continue to grow in their life. I hope we do everything we can to make sure that this will never happen ever again – not only at this institution, but any institution to be honest with you.”
If he liked her, he must have really LOVED Engler! Both never came close to holding his or the football program accountable for the decade long issues in either sport.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Re: Midget Izzo whines about Nassar fallout

Post by Honeyman » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:53 pm

Actually, the info Matt refers to came from a series of great interviews from Graham Bensinger:

https://www.youtube.com/@GrahamBensinger/videos

There's quite a few and I haven't watched them all yet. Saban weighs in quite a bit. Some really really good content in there.

Freep/Post only highlighted a very small portion per usual. Pretty short article considering all the content that's there. Never ceases to amaze me that these papers have one of the best, if not THE best coach in Michigan sports history and they can't bring themselves to do anything like this or report on this stuff and it takes a national guy like Bensinger to bring it all to light in a YouTube interview series. And it can't be for lack of access since Izzo is routinely the most accessible coach ever when it comes to this stuff. Also interesting that he was just as mad about the graphic from Outside the Lines as all we were. That still gets me pissed off. There was no excuse for that by ESPN, but that helps fuel gullible sad people like Matt.

One other thing.....Bo knew.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:54 pm

Tom Izzo is a despicable piece of shit and lousy human being. He was part of the Applying/Payne rape cover up.
Also interesting that he was just as mad about the graphic from Outside the Lines as all we were.
Who is "we" - all the EL mouth breathers that insist the spartan thug assault was the victims fault? I guess it doesn't require too many mental gymnastics to also blame the victims of assaults.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:56 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:54 pm
Tom Izzo is a despicable piece of shit and lousy human being. He was part of the Applying/Payne rape cover up.
Also interesting that he was just as mad about the graphic from Outside the Lines as all we were.
Who is "we" - all the EL mouth breathers that insist the spartan thug assault was the victims fault? I guess it doesn't require too many mental gymnastics to also blame the victims of assaults.
Tom Izzo is a hall of fame coach.

Appling and Payne were never charged.

Bo knew.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:12 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:56 pm
Matt wrote:

Bo knew.
Tom Izzo is a piece of shit who should have been fired after the OTL investigation.

Not being charged doesn't mean it didn't happen - there are other ways to make things go away.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:12 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:

Bo knew.
Tom Izzo is a piece of shit who should have been fired after the OTL investigation.

Not being charged doesn't mean it didn't happen - there are other ways to make things go away.
The OTL bullshit was a hardly an investigation.

You have zero proof of your claim about Payne and Appling. Just lies. But you're so concerned about an alleged rape of one MSU woman, and ignore the 100s of UM players.

You keep believing whatever makes you feel good.

Keep saluting the statue as you walk by too.

Bo knew.
Last edited by Honeyman on Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:37 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:12 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:

Bo knew.

If your concern was solely about victims of sexual assault, you would also be calling for the Bo statue to be removed and his name erased from the university. But yet, it remains as a middle finger to the hundreds of abuse survivors.

And worse yet, Khakipants came to Bo's defense.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic