Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Anyone catch the end of the MSU/Villanova game?

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Lester The Nightfly

Anyone catch the end of the MSU/Villanova game?

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:25 pm

So there's like seven seconds left on the clock. Nova is behind by a couple of points so they take a timeout to consider their options. One of the cameramen working the floor goes over the MSU's bench to get a shot of them huddling. The broadcast then cuts to the other end of the floor showing Nova doing the same thing. All of a sudden the Nova water boy decides to intentionally shove his hand into the front of the lens blocking the on-air shot of the Nova huddle. The director cuts to the high center camera and the broadcast continued.

Now there's usually a reason a water boy is a water boy, you don't find too many Rhodes scholars in that position, but if I'm the broadcast producer and somebody fucks with my camera crew there better be somebody locking the doors on the remote truck because otherwise I'm storming out of there to find the Nova AD and have a Come to Jesus talk with him about someone on his basketball staff interfering with my broadcast.

Obviously I'm the only person on the planet getting steamed up about this, but it's mostly because I've been on the business side of working camera and having some yo-yo unnecessarily getting in my face. I usually would look at the yo-yo and say "You put your hand in front of my camera to block my shot again and you're going to find out what a 15x Canon camera lens feels like going down your throat". They won't even get a warning if they attempt to touch the camera.

BTW - The final was Villanova - 71, Michigan, St. - 73.

georgetownt

Re: Anyone catch the end of the MSU/Villanova game?

Post by georgetownt » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:38 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:So there's like seven seconds left on the clock. Nova is behind by a couple of points so they take a timeout to consider their options. One of the cameramen working the floor goes over the MSU's bench to get a shot of them huddling. The broadcast then cuts to the other end of the floor showing Nova doing the same thing. All of a sudden the Nova water boy decides to intentionally shove his hand into the front of the lens blocking the on-air shot of the Nova huddle. The director cuts to the high center camera and the broadcast continued.

Now there's usually a reason a water boy is a water boy, you don't find too many Rhodes scholars in that position, but if I'm the broadcast producer and somebody fucks with my camera crew there better be somebody locking the doors on the remote truck because otherwise I'm storming out of there to find the Nova AD and have a Come to Jesus talk with him about someone on his basketball staff interfering with my broadcast.

Obviously I'm the only person on the planet getting steamed up about this, but it's mostly because I've been on the business side of working camera and having some yo-yo unnecessarily getting in my face. I usually would look at the yo-yo and say "You put your hand in front of my camera to block my shot again and you're going to find out what a 15x Canon camera lens feels like going down your throat". They won't even get a warning if they attempt to touch the camera.

BTW - The final was Villanova - 71, Michigan, St. - 73.
Yup you are the only one....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic