Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

U-M vs. MSU

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: U-M vs. MSU

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:34 pm

I completely agree with Robert and Matt.

The long-winded article from the MSU apologist blog writer is largely a work of fiction (the remainder is idiotic opinion). He's blaming Harbaugh for the gang attack on his player. That's rich. What a piece of shit. Probably cut from the same cloth as the MSU beat writer who mocked the emergency landing of U-M basketball's charter flight.

Trash talking from BOTH teams is common in rivalry games.

President Stanley gave an appropriate and dignified response, and I commend him for it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:42 pm

Gemon Green was the other Michigan player reportedly assaulted by MSU players.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 603281007/

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:56 pm

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:17 pm

Let's assume for a sec that #1 isn't "blameless" (which, frankly, is not at all a safe assumption at this point, and as such, Portnoy's comment is an irresponsible one).

All that video showed was him walking up the ramp, not engaging the MSU players at all, and giving a "five" to a fan in the stands. One could certainly argue he picked an unwise time to walk up the ramp, but maybe there's a reason he left when he did.

Did he deserve to get the crap beat out of him? Fuck no he didn't.

Portnoy's post also ignores the fact that not just one, but two Wolverines players were reportedly attacked. I've not seen any video of the second attack yet, though.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:21 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:17 pm
I've not seen any video of the second attack yet, though.
https://twitter.com/GoBluePoole/status/ ... KTzuQ&s=19

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:24 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:17 pm
Let's assume for a sec that #1 isn't "blameless" (which, frankly, is not at all a safe assumption at this point, and as such, Portnoy's comment is an irresponsible one).

Did he deserve to get the crap beat out of him? Fuck no he didn't.

Portnoy's post also ignores the fact that not just one, but two Wolverines players were reportedly attacked. I've not seen any video of the second attack yet, though.
Portnoy is an idiot - this is a legal issue, not football. Also, McBurrows is injured and the speculation is that he had to get into the training room for treatment. He hasn't even played in awhile.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:28 pm

Thanks for the video link, Robert. An MSU player seemed to be beating a U-M over the head with an object. Disturbing to say the least. The equipment people / team employees who were standing nearby looked stunned and frightened by what they were witnessing and were likely rushing to get help.

Even a few of the MSU players appeared to be in disbelief at what they were observing.

I, too, read that McBurrows was either heading into - or from - the training room. I initially read he was leaving the training room. Clearly, that was not the case. It is certainly possible he was headed into the training room.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:33 pm

Players from both teams walking through the tunnel together postgame is completely normal at Michigan Stadium.

Two weeks ago after the Penn St game.
https://youtu.be/HTuyuUDWo2g

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:38 pm

Looks like those folks - despite Coach Franklin's whining - had no issue at all co-existing. A couple opposing players even engaged in benign conversation. (Upon further review, I guess Franklin was complaining about a verbal exchange that occurred at halftime, not postgame.)

Like I said earlier, the "tunnel" did not seem to be much of an issue for the past nine decades plus.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:08 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:38 pm
Looks like those folks - despite Coach Franklin's whining - had no issue at all co-existing. A couple opposing players even engaged in benign conversation. (Upon further review, I guess Franklin was complaining about a verbal exchange that occurred at halftime, not postgame.)

Like I said earlier, the "tunnel" did not seem to be much of an issue for the past nine decades plus.

Here's what Franklin said:

"The week prior, Franklin said that the Big Ten should regulate access to the Michigan Stadium locker rooms via the one tunnel. The coach added that "something bad is going to happen before we put in that policy."

"There really should be a policy that [when the] first team that goes in, there is a buffer," Franklin said. "If not, this team starts talking to this team, they start jawing back and forth, and something bad is going to happen before we put in the policy."

https://www.si.com/college/pennstate/fo ... l-incident

As far as why in wasn't an issue for 9 decades....reread the article I posted.

The censorship king from out of state.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:20 pm

I just want to say I was at the game and filed out immediately after the clock hit zero. It's currently Sunday afternoon at the beginning of the fourth quarter of the Lions game. This is the first I'm hearing of any of this. I did see the officiating crew hold back the UM squad from exiting the field at halftime until the visiting squad entirely entered and traversed through the tunnel.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:25 pm

Speaking of the Lions, I see they blew a two touchdown lead!

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:27 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:25 pm
Speaking of the Lions...
Please don't.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:32 pm

Attempted transference of blame is not a good look. The MSU players f'd up and it wasn't because of poor facility design or because of all the BS (within the bounds of mostly normal stupid gamesmanship) that always happens in and around these games.

If she wasn't dressed like that, she wouldn't have been raped. She shares some of the blame... right Honeyman?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:52 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:08 pm
As far as why in wasn't an issue for 9 decades....reread the article I posted.
You posted bullshit opinion from a fucking hack, not an article that attempts to blame Michigan players getting assaulted on our head coach. I'm embarrassed for you with this ridiculous defense of criminals.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic