Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Ten talk

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Big Ten talk

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:24 pm

With today's announcement of a 12 team playoff starting 2026(or a year or two sooner), Notre Dame is going to remain independent.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:42 pm

Spartans lost a couple key players on defense, where we could least afford them.
Heartbreaking to see Snow go down for the year, hopefully he makes a full recovery, though there are some ugly rumors on his injury. That said, and with the way Washington looked and considering Penix has made us look awful before, I think next week might fall in the loss column. I'll stick with 8 wins for the Green & White, but felt better about it a few days ago.

Michigan picked the right year to miss Wisky and Minny, and play Iowa. Jesus did the Hawkeyes look awful. Cade might wanna portal there when Jimmy names JJ the starter.. Kinda surprised OSU was challenged, but they will get better offensively for sure.

GO GREEN!

The censorship king from out of state.

thekman

Post by thekman » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:31 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:42 pm
Kinda surprised OSU was challenged, but they will get better offensively for sure.
OSU surprised me too. They did not look that good for 3 quarters. But I still fully expect them to become their usual selves. Still though, I anticipated more from them.

There is a tiny part of me that is starting to wonder if Ryan Day might be a little of his league.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:47 pm

Never forget that Ryan Day was born on third base...

Cade is a captain, but Harbaugh made it clear the team doesn't elect the depth chart. The fanbase is beyond excited for the HawaJJ game - ready to see what JJ can do as the guy.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:54 pm

I agree with both of you about Day. Not sold on him at all. Prick Meyer hand-picked him which speaks volumes.

Really a big test for JJ playing a team like Hawaii. Didn't powerhouse Vanderbilt score 60 on them on the island? Jimmy will be sure to run the score up too to make sure his boy "wins" the job.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:58 pm

Cade missed an open Cornelius Johnson twice on the opening drive. He didn't look any better than last year.

Meanwhile, PFF has Cade as the THIRD best Michigan QB: https://wolverineswire.usatoday.com/lis ... gh-week-1/

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:08 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:58 pm
Cade missed an open Cornelius Johnson twice on the opening drive. He didn't look any better than last year.

Meanwhile, PFF has Cade as the THIRD best Michigan QB: https://wolverineswire.usatoday.com/lis ... gh-week-1/
:lol: What have you done for me lately! He QB's Michigan to the playoff for the first time ever, and now Matt trashes him for a lousy half of football.

I'm not arguing with you that McCarthy deserves the job. All I am saying is Harbaugh should have had the coaching testicles to make the call coming out of camp. To drag this out thru another 2 week tryout playing NAIA talent is ludicrous to me, and in no way helps the team.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:06 am

McCarthy should be named starter at Michigan Cade doesn't have it in my opinion. The Huskers once again lose a close one to a no named team 45-42 Scott Frost is toast and will be fired in the next month in my opinion the Husker fans looked stunned that they lost tonight.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:45 am

I know someone who went to Georgia Southern. They actually have a really good up and coming program.

I think Alabama having trouble with Texas(still won but wow) and ND falling to Marshall are stunning.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:04 am

I was surprised Texas was unranked entering the season.

Texas blew that game. That missed field goal at the end of the 2nd quarter was the most shanked short distance FGA I have ever seen. Then, the missed tackle on Bama's last drive when they were still in their own territory on 3rd down was inexcusable. Watts of Texas tried using one arm across the chest to bring down Bama's QB. Bama wound up moving the sticks on that play.

Defensively, Texas reminded me a lot of last year's Detroit Lions in that final 1:30.

I will say I was surprised to see Bama throw somewhat risky passes with under :30 to play after they were within FG range. I was hoping like hell for an interception!

Notre Dame losing to Marshall was a nice surprise! I believe Wisconsin lost to Washington State as well.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:52 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:04 am
Then, the missed tackle on Bama's last drive when they were still in their own territory on 3rd down was inexcusable. Watts of Texas tried using one arm across the chest to bring down Bama's QB. Bama wound up moving the sticks on that play.
Somebody should check his betting app to see if he had Alabama on a moneyline.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:11 pm

The Scott Frost era mercifully comes to an end at Nebraska.

Almost feel a little sorry for him. After his successful tenure at UCF it's more than a bit puzzling how badly it went for him going back home.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:56 pm

The guy got a lot of money; I don't feel the least bit sorry for him. I certainly agree with your last remark, though.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:05 pm

He really didn't do shit at UCF. He inherited a good program that quit on O'Leary.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:35 pm

Spartans won 52-zip and I'm still not all that confident. Thorne looks off. Reading one receiver...and the overthrowing him. We're #11, but have played nobody. This Saturday we'll see what kind of team we have.

Speaking of playing nobody, Jimmy finally named his QB.....SURPRISE! I saw none of the game, just highlights, but it looks like McCarthy throws a great ball. Guess we won't know what kind of team they have until we play them. Or is PSU first.

BT West is a complete joke. I think Purdue might be the best team honestly.

F Notre Dame....F T A&M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic