Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Ten talk

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Big Ten talk

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:52 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:35 pm
Spartans won 52-zip and I'm still not all that confident. Thorne looks off. Reading one receiver...and the overthrowing him. We're #11, but have played nobody. This Saturday we'll see what kind of team we have.

Speaking of playing nobody, Jimmy finally named his QB.....SURPRISE! I saw none of the game, just highlights, but it looks like McCarthy throws a great ball. Guess we won't know what kind of team they have until we play them. Or is PSU first.

BT West is a complete joke. I think Purdue might be the best team honestly.

F Notre Dame....F T A&M.
JJ played a flawless first half. Jim had no choice.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:17 pm

Stay classy, Michigan!

When McNamara threw an interception — the first turnover of the season for the maize and blue — the Michigan Stadium crowd booed. As far as senior left tackle Ryan Hayes sees it, that type of reaction is unwarranted, especially considering what McNamara did a year ago.

“Yeah, we hate that, we would hate for any of our brothers to get booed,” Hayes said. “I think that’s pretty ridiculous for our stadium to do that to one of our players that is a captain on this team, led us to all those victories last year. Cade was a big part of the offense last year in leading us to Ohio State, Iowa and into the playoffs. So we hate that stuff, to be honest.”

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:56 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:17 pm
Stay classy, Michigan!

When McNamara threw an interception — the first turnover of the season for the maize and blue — the Michigan Stadium crowd booed. As far as senior left tackle Ryan Hayes sees it, that type of reaction is unwarranted, especially considering what McNamara did a year ago.

“Yeah, we hate that, we would hate for any of our brothers to get booed,” Hayes said. “I think that’s pretty ridiculous for our stadium to do that to one of our players that is a captain on this team, led us to all those victories last year. Cade was a big part of the offense last year in leading us to Ohio State, Iowa and into the playoffs. So we hate that stuff, to be honest.”
While Cade shouldn't have been booed, don't you EVER complain about being called little brother.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:28 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:56 am
Honeyman wrote:
Stay classy, Michigan!

While Cade shouldn't have been booed, don't you EVER complain about being called little brother.
If they make the expanded playoff and get farther then us a few times we might reevaluate that.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:16 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:28 am
Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:56 am
Honeyman wrote:
Stay classy, Michigan!

If they make the expanded playoff and get farther then us a few times we might reevaluate that.
Well, we have won 10 of the last 14, and made the playoff before you guys did, but I digress.....

Harbaugh is to blame for Cade getting booed. His ridiculous 2 man competition incited it. If he had a testicle in his tiny ball sac, he would have announced coming out of camp that McCarthy gave them a better chance of winning, named him the starter, and none of this shit would have happened.

But for some reason, he is still revered by some on this board and much of the fan base despite:

A losing record vs. MSU

A losing record vs. OSU

A losing record in bowl games.

Things will stay the same though. He'll win 10 games due to the soft schedule, get throttled by OSU, and everybody in Ann Arbor will continue to sing his praises and genuflect as they walk by the beloved rapist enablers statue.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:28 pm

Little brother.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:28 pm
Little brother.
Oooh, strong retort! Do you want to address any of the criticisms I have made? How about your pussy non-confetence schedule? OSU played ND. MSU is going to Wahington and PSU to Auburn. Why does Michigan schedule 3 patsies at home? Is it an aberration? Look at next year's schedule.....three patsies, all at home.

Little sister.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:31 pm

Harbaugh is a championship coach. I'll take his roster management choices over yours. Last year, Michigan played Washington and housed them - let's see how Marge's team does against them.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:12 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:31 pm
Harbaugh is a championship coach. I'll take his roster management choices over yours. Last year, Michigan played Washington and housed them - let's see how Marge's team does against them.
The UW team Michigan played....in Ann Arbor of course....was an awful team that fired their coach in the middle of the season. Playing a much better Husky team 3 time zones away is hardly a fair comparison, but I'm excited for the game because it will show what kind of squad the Spartans have. It's real competition. Good luck with powerhouse Connecticut.

And really, cut it out with the "Marge" shit. You sound like a seven year old.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:53 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:12 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:31 pm
The UW team Michigan played....in Ann Arbor of course....was an awful team that fired their coach in the middle of the season. Playing a much better Husky team 3 time zones away is hardly a fair comparison, but I'm excited for the game because it will show what kind of squad the Spartans have. It's real competition. Good luck with powerhouse Connecticut.

And really, cut it out with the "Marge" shit. You sound like a seven year old.
It's not my fault I can't remember dumb M names! We were scheduled to play in Seattle in 2020 if covid didn't happen, and we can't help horrible coaching transitions like every single non-conference teams this year and Washington last year!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:27 pm

Here's college footballs bottom ten: https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... e-everyone

Michigan plays #2, #7, and #8. #10 is on next year's schedule. All at home.

"Leaders and the best!" :lol:

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:38 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:27 pm
Here's college footballs bottom ten: https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... e-everyone

What's that? Thorne just threw ANOTHER interception?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:45 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:38 pm
Honeyman wrote:

At least the MSU fans didn't boo him.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:49 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:45 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:38 pm
Honeyman wrote:

At least the MSU fans didn't boo him.
How many rings does he have? Even Walker couldn't carry that bum to a B1G title...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:04 pm

Big Ten Championship Game Winners by Team

School Appearances Wins Losses

Ohio State 6 5 1
Wisconsin 6 2 4
Michigan State 3 2 1
Northwestern 2 0 2
Iowa 2 0 2
Michigan 1 1 0
Penn State 1 1 0
Nebraska 1 0 1
Last edited by Honeyman on Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic