Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Ten talk

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: Big Ten talk

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:11 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:52 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:49 pm
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:46 pm
Michigan muddled through 3 quarters but woke up in the 4th. Very sloppy game. They cannot commit that many penalties against PSU and win next week. The 31-10 score was closer than it appears.
No, it wasn't. This is a Penn State team that beat NW 17-7 a week ago.
Did you watch the first 3 quarters? I believe they finished with 80 yards of penalties. Don’t take Penn State lightly. They have two weeks to prepare and have Clifford back along with a great run game.
They averaged 3 penalties per game coming in - the officiating was brutal.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:11 pm
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:52 pm
Matt wrote:
Michigan muddled through 3 quarters but woke up in the 4th. Very sloppy game. They cannot commit that many penalties against PSU and win next week. The 31-10 score was closer than it appears.
Did you watch the first 3 quarters? I believe they finished with 80 yards of penalties. Don’t take Penn State lightly. They have two weeks to prepare and have Clifford back along with a great run game.
They averaged 3 penalties per game coming in - the officiating was brutal.
It was poorly officiated, but the offense looked like Bidengirl until the 4th quarter.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:18 pm

Matt wrote:
This is a Michigan team that won by 7 against MARYLAND what’s your point?

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:14 pm

Hilarious.

Michigan's only loss since the stupid COVID season has been to Georgia and their so-called fans are now arguing about style points after wins. If you're any kind of Michigan fan, just enjoy that your team is winning lots of games. It isn't likely to last a whole lot longer for any number of reasons (but mostly @ Ohio St).

Try being a WMU, CMU, or MSU fan this year.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:18 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:14 pm
Hilarious.

Michigan's only loss since the stupid COVID season has been to Georgia and their so-called fans are now arguing about style points after wins. If you're any kind of Michigan fan, just enjoy that your team is winning lots of games. It isn't likely to last a whole lot longer for any number of reasons (but mostly @ Ohio St).

Exclude me from that because I am estatic about 6-0. Michigan had an emotional first half after Coach Hart's (younger than me!) health scare. Michigan handled it's business.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:10 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:18 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Hilarious.

Exclude me from that because I am estatic about 6-0. Michigan had an emotional first half after Coach Hart's (younger than me!) health scare. Michigan handled it's business.
He had a seizure. I have friends who have them all the time. He will be fine with decent meds.
Robert Faygo wrote:
Hilarious.

Ah yes, another person who didn't watch the first 3 quarters. Michigan played like shit until 13 minutes left in the 4th quarter. It was 17-10 against a mediocre Indiana team and we have Penn State coming up that is on a bye. We could easily lose next week and against OSU. We are 6-0 and played one good team: Iowa. This was the worst I have seen Michigan play for 3 quarters in 2 years. It means something. Or do you not know what foreshadowing means?

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:31 pm

Some people are never happy unless they are unhappy. Be unhappy about wins all you want! I'll just laugh at your misery.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:04 pm

Defensively, Michigan was excellent. Very successful at getting to the Hoosiers' QB.

Offense began clicking midway through the third quarter. An unwise pass deep in Indiana territory by McCarthy disrupted what had been a solid drive.

I was yelling at the TV a lot because Michigan kept doing running plays on 1st down in the third quarter. Once they mixed things up better, the offense looked more potent.

I'm certainly happy with a 3 TD margin of victory on the road against a conference opponent.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:47 pm

I'm happy Michigan won a Dub is good no matter if it's a blowout or ugly win I'll take it no matter what. I stopped watching MSU VS OSU near halftime.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:29 am

MasterB wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:47 pm
I stopped watching MSU VS OSU near halftime.
Ditto.

I watched baseball the entire rest of the afternoon and night -- some great games!
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:51 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:31 pm
Some people are never happy unless they are unhappy. Be unhappy about wins all you want! I'll just laugh at your misery.
So Michigan fell to #5, so you can GFY. I wasn’t the only one to notice that the first 3 quarters sucked.

And if people think they will blow out PSU, they have another thing coming. It will be a defensive dog fight.

Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:08 pm

Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:51 pm
So Michigan fell to #5, so you can GFY. I wasn’t the only one to notice that the first 3 quarters sucked.

And if people think they will blow out PSU, they have another thing coming. It will be a defensive dog fight.
:rollin Meanwhile, I continue to laugh at your misery over sportsball games and cute popularity polls.

Note how I have offered zero analysis on Michigan's performance beyond noting that they have been highly successful winning games recently and that someday they will again lose games. This is the nature of competitive athletics.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:38 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:08 pm
Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:51 pm

:rollin Meanwhile, I continue to laugh at your misery over sportsball games and cute popularity polls.

Note how I have offered zero analysis on Michigan's performance beyond noting that they have been highly successful winning games recently and that someday they will again lose games. This is the nature of competitive athletics.
So, you’re a prick agitator for no reason. Nice.

Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:16 pm

Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:38 pm
So, you’re a prick agitator for no reason. Nice.
Well golly gee, this is a first. I guess by pointing out to someone they should enjoy it when the team they root for is winning (as success in sports is always fleeting) and then laughing at their temper tantrum is now considered agitation.

Looking back for when I called you names or told you to GFY in this thread ... nope, don't see it.

I'm thinking that not only do you enjoy being unhappy, you also get a charge out of feeling like you've been victimized somehow.

Enjoy your angst. I'm happy to provide it for you by telling you to enjoy yourself.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:13 am

I kinda get it. Lions suck, Pistons suck, Tigers suck, Red Wings suck. If the Wolverines can log one in the W column, I'm happy to do it.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic