Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Ten talk

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Mega Hertz

Re: Big Ten talk

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:44 pm
What if Michigan loses a key player to injury tonight? USC loses and they're out. If TCU loses, they might be out. But OSU is in?!?

It's a problem when it's a bigger advantage to not play in your conference championship game.
It might sound biased coming from me, a Michigan fan, but I have come to terms with teams like OSU and Bama always getting the leg up. Teams like ours have to struggle and bust ass to get whatever we get. But there is always a way to get certain schools into the CFP.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:15 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:54 pm
Honeyman wrote:
What if Michigan loses a key player to injury tonight? USC loses and they're out. If TCU loses, they might be out. But OSU is in?!?

It's a problem when it's a bigger advantage to not play in your conference championship game.
It might sound biased coming from me, a Michigan fan, but I have come to terms with teams like OSU and Bama always getting the leg up. Teams like ours have to struggle and bust ass to get whatever we get. But there is always a way to get certain schools into the CFP.
C'mon....it goes back earlier than that. Remember 2001 when Nebraska back doored into the BCS championship game?

And the 12 team playoff really won't help. Michigan, Alabama, and many others already play nobody in non-conference. That will change even less when they know they can get in the playoff at 10-2.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:38 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:15 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

C'mon....it goes back earlier than that. Remember 2001 when Nebraska back doored into the BCS championship game?

And the 12 team playoff really won't help. Michigan, Alabama, and many others already play nobody in non-conference. That will change even less when they know they can get in the playoff at 10-2.
With the exception of this year and next, Michigan has had at least one legit OOC game pretty much every year. Starting in 2024, they play Texas or Oklahoma for 4 consecutive years. In 18 and 19, they played ND. In 21, they played Washington and had been scheduled to play Washington in 20 as well.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:47 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:38 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

With the exception of this year and next, Michigan has had at least one legit OOC game pretty much every year. Starting in 2024, they play Texas or Oklahoma for 4 consecutive years. In 18 and 19, they played ND. In 21, they played Washington and had been scheduled to play Washington in 20 as well.
Yeah, but they dropped UCLA this year and next year. And the 2024 schedule is very much in doubt now with the new BIG16.

Don't get your maize panties in a bunch, I wasn't blasting Michigan, but just the overall problem with college football as a whole.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:52 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:47 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:38 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Ywah, but they dropped UCLA this year and next year. And the 2024 schedule is very much in doubt now with the new BIG16.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, I wasn't blasting Michigan, but just the overall problem with college football as a whole.
I was mainly responding to Michigan being lumped with Alabama, who played Austin Peay in NOVEMBER. It's weird to me that there are fans of a conference. It might have something to do with the inbred people in that part of the country. The SEC chant is beyond douchey. It will be interesting when warm weather schools have to come up north in the expanded playoff...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:18 pm

The only thing that's gonna get MY maize panties in a bunch is if OSU wins the Natty. I'm actually even a little nervous about Purdue tonight. But that's just me. For some of the great Detroit/Michigan teams I've seen over the years, there's always a fuck up.

-TurkeyTop

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:22 pm

Time is ticking down on TCU, down by eight halfway through the fourth.

(Edit)
Amazing drive by TCU lead by QB Duggan to tie the game. What a game!

(Edit 2)
It's K-State in OT! Helluva game!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:25 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:18 pm
I'm actually even a little nervous about Purdue tonight.
I had reason to be nervous the moment I read that Purdue would be the opponent. (I, admittedly, hadn't been following the other division that closely.) As I recall, there are three teams with notorious reputations for playing SpOiLeR1!1! against teams that are aiming for all the marbles: Iowa, Northwestern, and Purdue.

For that matter...let's enter the wonderful world of completely wacky, off-the-wall scenarios for a moment. Our top 4 heading into this week was Georgia, Michigan, TCU, and USC. With two of the four games now down, what happens if ALL FOUR lose? (Other than some schmuck out there in Internet Gambling Land would stand to become very wealthy...)

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:28 pm

Georgia and Michigan are in for sure. I could see them swapping seeds if Georgia lose, but it has to be:

1. Georgia
2. Um
3. TCU
4. OSU

They don't want a conference rematch in the semis.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:45 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:28 pm
Georgia and Michigan are in for sure. I could see them swapping seeds if Georgia lose, but it has to be:

1. Georgia
2. Um
3. TCU
4. OSU

That's what we were told last year at least...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:57 pm

Down goes TCU! Uh-oh...

-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:45 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:28 pm

1. Georgia
2. Um
3. TCU
4. OSU

That's what we were told last year at least...
Lock it.

Don't you have grandparents in Phoenix? You should come see your boys in the Fiesta Bowl. March with Kari Lake.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:20 pm

Those damn Suckeyes. Luckiest team in the world right now since both TCU and USC lost today.

Of course, if Michigan shits the bed tonight, those two teams losing will also help the Wolverines.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:45 pm

Ah. Michigan going with the Swiss cheese defense tonight. Great choice.

-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:32 pm

Fuck FOX and all their damn commercial breaks tonight. They were tolerable during last Saturday's game, but tonight has been awful.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic