Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Harbaugh's QB "decision"

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Harbaugh's QB "decision"

Post by Honeyman » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:03 pm

Which is actually not a decision at all. Talk about kicking can down the road, you're the head coach, nut up and make the call. I'm obviously prejudiced and think, and hope, this will wind up hurting the team in the long run. I'm sure the clubhouse has Cade and JJ supporters, and this will create more division than if he just had the balls to start one of them.

I think what will happen is JJ will get the job off his game against Hawaii. They are barely an NAIA team. Vanderbilt just scored 60+ on those guys in Honolulu. Michigan might put up 100, especially under the circumstances. Cade will get the bench, unless he goes into the portal.

What do you UM slappies think?

The censorship king from out of state.

tigerwings

Re: Harbaugh's QB "decision"

Post by tigerwings » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:28 pm

Cade and JJ will light it up. I figured one would in the portal last winter.

If JJ gets the job, I see Cade in the portal. He won't get off the bench.

If Cade wins, JJ will still see more action than last season.

JJ would have been a better choice against Georgia.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:07 pm

Honeyman, these two work in tandem depending on the defensive matches. Harbaugh doesn't need to do anything. Are the defensive ends weak? Then, run JJ on the sweeps. Are the corners weak? Keep Cade in the game to throw down the field. You are making this far too complicated.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:46 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:07 pm
Honeyman, these two work in tandem depending on the defensive matches. Harbaugh doesn't need to do anything. Are the defensive ends weak? Then, run JJ on the sweeps. Are the corners weak? Keep Cade in the game to throw down the field. You are making this far too complicated.
I'm making it more complicated?!? I'm just saying, pick a QB. Jimmy doesn't have the balls to make a decision so it keeps dragging out, and you wanna change QB's depending on the opponent.

2 QB systems NEVER work. No school should know that fact more than one that started Drew Henson over that Brady kid.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:14 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:46 pm
I'm making it more complicated?!? I'm just saying, pick a QB. Jimmy doesn't have the balls to make a decision so it keeps dragging out, and you wanna change QB's depending on the opponent.

2 QB systems NEVER work. No school should know that fact more than one that started Drew Henson over that Brady kid.
Michigan never started Henson over Brady.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:20 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:14 pm
Honeyman wrote:

:lol: Well, they alternated them didn't they? Carr gave MSU a win starting Henson in the 2nd half over Brady. Best QB in history....and he is platooned in college. :rollin

You like this Harbaugh decision?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:32 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:20 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

:lol: Well, they alternated them didn't they? Carr gave MSU a win starting Henson in the 2nd half over Brady. Best QB in history....and he is platooned in college. :rollin

Carr did first quarter Brady and second quarter Henson. Whoever was playing better got the second half.

I'm happy with the decision to give both guys an opportunity. I think JJ would have won the job if he had been healthy in the spring.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:32 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Carr did first quarter Brady and second quarter Henson. Whoever was playing better got the second half.

I'm happy with the decision to give both guys an opportunity. I think JJ would have won the job if he had been healthy in the spring.
And with your first paragraph stated....you don't see a problem in retrospect?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:57 pm

You take what the defense gives you. If they give you the outside and don't QB spy, you have JJ on a pass/run option. If they have a QB spy for the run and/or stunt blitz, you want Cade. I loved Lloyd Carr, but the Michigan offense of 2002 doesn't work any more. You can have multiple looks in the same game. That's how Michigan beat Ohio State.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:05 pm

Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:57 pm
You take what the defense gives you. If they give you the outside and don't QB spy, you have JJ on a pass/run option. If they have a QB spy for the run and/or stunt blitz, you want Cade. I loved Lloyd Carr, but the Michigan offense of 2002 doesn't work any more. You can have multiple looks in the same game. That's how Michigan beat Ohio State.
So.....you would change QBs play to play?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:12 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:52 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Michigan had a national championship caliber team in 99 - they did blow it by letting the rigid rule set for the competition play out so long. I expect that Michigan will have the QB spot figured out by Iowa.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:28 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:05 pm
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:57 pm
So.....you would change QBs play to play?
Michigan changed depending on possession last year which is what I would do. Play the hot hand and the scheme.

Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:12 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Michigan had a national championship caliber team in 99 - they did blow it by letting the rigid rule set for the competition play out so long. I expect that Michigan will have the QB spot figured out by Iowa.
Lemme get this straight...... you say they blew 99 by "letting the rigid rule set for the competition play out so long", but this year you're okay with them taking 1/3rd of the season to determine who is the starting QB?!?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:45 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:53 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:12 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Lemme get this straight...... you say they blew 99 by "letting the rigid rule set for the competition play out so long", but this year you're okay with them taking 1/3rd of the season to determine who is the starting QB?!?
When that third is against random guys assembled in a back alley given pads and called a football team yes that’s a good time to do that.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:53 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic