Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Harbaugh's QB "decision"

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Harbaugh's QB "decision"

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:23 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:41 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:28 pm
Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:24 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:20 pm
Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:11 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:14 pm
thekman wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:57 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:35 pm
It's always amusing the obsession some MSU fans seem to have with UM. It's almost like hating on UM is way more important than whatever is going on with their own team.
I went to neither school, but…
Yes, it’s so true. The MSU obsession with UM is kind of creepy.
I think the term "obsesssion" is a little strong. Admittedly, there is some truth to the little brother bullshit, but I don't think you look at it from a Spartan point of view. If you think the Detroit media is not biased towards UM, you're simply not being realistic.

Look, I was trying to stimulate conversation on the Stadium section of this board. I guess we could talk about the Lions and whether they will win 3 or 5 games. Or maybe I'll start on thread on the MVP chances of Javy Baez and the wonderful, newsworthy Tigers.

This is the only site I personally go to that has MSU and UM fans on board. FWIW, Spartans are outnumbered here and I am clearly the loudest and most obnox....er....vociferous among them. Am I trying to stir the pot? Of course I am! It's an internet chat board.

So sorry if I'm too "obsessive" for your tastes. Wait until we beat those bastards for the 11th time in the past 16 on October 29th. Then you'll see obsessive!!

• GO GREEN!!!!!
Oh please, you have Mikey Valenti in your hip pocket from 3-6 on the biggest sports talker in this market. I am fine with being obsessive about us, but you can't say all the media here is in the bag for Michigan. Frank Beckman is no longer with us, and Mike is still going strong.
Valenti is the exception, not the rule. What about the other shows on 97.1?

Are you honestly going to say the freep and Detnews give the same amount and tenor of coverage to MSU that they do UM?
And whose fault is it that MSU doesn't have more qualified journalists? :lol But don't sit here and say that the media is out to get MSU. That's nonsense.
You honestly think the Detroit media gave the same amount of scrutiny to the Anderson scandal at UM as they did with Nassar at State?
The national media blew up the Nasser case more than local media did. Once the national outlets took up the mantle, then the locals followed. Take it up with them.

If you remember our discussions, I made it very clear how I feel about the Anderson scandal. I came very close to renouncing my fandom and still haven't purchased any Michigan gear.
The Nassar case was a disgrace for MSU, plain and simple. The local media added fuel to the fire trying to tie Izzo and Dantonio into a scandal within the gymnastics department. Myth Albom wrote columns defending enabler Bo who allowed hundreds of young men to be raped under his watch.

I am sure UM is suffering financially since you have taken such a dedicated, courageous stand and not bought a t-shirt recently.
And I am sure Sparty is doing just fine without the money I hope you didn't give them.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:00 am

I'm an old fart and graduated in '78 so between dues and other funds, I have contributed several thousands of dollars. I refused my alumni dues until Simon was ousted as my little protest during the Nassar time.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:06 pm

Looks like JJ to me.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:18 pm

McNamara's first half performance certainly left something to be desired.

McCarthy was great.

The receivers were terrific for Michigan today, running game looked good, and defense was outstanding. Kicking game also very good.

McNamara's first half performance was the only thing I saw I didn't like. An aberration for him? Probably. Not worried about it.

Colorado State's head coach is clueless. Play calling way too conservative on offense. Cannot believe he didn't challenge the fumble call, either. Maybe upstairs had a much better look of the play? I thought that call could've went either way (either fumble or incomplete pass); I don't believe ABC ever showed a replay in slo-mo, just regular speed. Would've loved to have seen a view from a lateral vantage point.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:04 pm

Well, because Comcrap cut my TV off earlier than I had requested(Tuesday), I missed it. Sling TV has been a joke with buffering, and my OTA antenna had a weird issue with channel 7. I still contend that Michigan will be fine. Being they play Hawaii next week, Cade has another week to get it right.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic