Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Warriors NBA coach mad as hell

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!

km1125

Re: Warriors NBA coach mad as hell

Post by km1125 » Thu May 26, 2022 11:20 am

He's a nutcase. Probably should be on a "red flag" list and not allowed to buy firearms or anything that could be used as a weapon (knife, scissors, etc).

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Thu May 26, 2022 5:07 pm

He's a "nutcase"? Really? Kerr was born in Beirut and spent his childhood there. Befriended Marines who were killed there. Kerr's father, while serving as the president of the American University of Beirut, was killed by two gunshots to the back of his head. I'd say Kerr comes by his position on gun control on an intensely personal level. Get out of the cheap seats and do some reading about Kerr's father and grandfather and Kerr's childhood in Beirut before condemning his position on things. Just because you disagree with him politically, doesn't make Steve Kerr a nutcase.

From Kerr's Wikipedia page:
"Kerr was born in Beirut, Lebanon, to Malcolm H. Kerr, an American academic who specialized in the Middle East, and his wife, Ann (Zwicker).[1] He has three siblings.[2] His grandfather, Stanley Kerr, volunteered with the Near East Relief after the Armenian genocide and rescued women and orphans in Aleppo and Marash before eventually settling in Beirut.[3] Kerr spent much of his childhood in Lebanon and other Middle Eastern countries. While in Beirut in the summer of 1983, he met a number of US Marines who were later killed in the Beirut barracks bombings.[4] Kerr attended Cairo American College in Egypt, the American Community School in Beirut, Lebanon, and Palisades High School (now Palisades Charter High School) in Los Angeles, graduating in 1983.

Malcolm Kerr was killed by members of the Shia Lebanese militia called Islamic Jihad on the morning of January 18, 1984, at the age of 52 while he was serving as president of the American University of Beirut.[5][6][7][8] He was shot twice in the back of his head, by gunmen using suppressed handguns, in the hallway outside his office."

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri May 27, 2022 12:45 am

I understand why Steve Kerr is for gun control since he lost his father to a shooting and is very passionate about the topic, I totally respect it I'm numb to mass shootings doesn't shock me anymore. I know I shouldn't but I am it's the new normal.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:37 pm

Don't control the guns. Control the idiots that use them.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat May 28, 2022 12:57 am

MichMash wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 5:07 pm
He's a "nutcase"? Really? Kerr was born in Beirut and spent his childhood there. Befriended Marines who were killed there. Kerr's father, while serving as the president of the American University of Beirut, was killed by two gunshots to the back of his head. I'd say Kerr comes by his position on gun control on an intensely personal level. Get out of the cheap seats and do some reading about Kerr's father and grandfather and Kerr's childhood in Beirut before condemning his position on things. Just because you disagree with him politically, doesn't make Steve Kerr a nutcase.

From Kerr's Wikipedia page:
"Kerr was born in Beirut, Lebanon, to Malcolm H. Kerr, an American academic who specialized in the Middle East, and his wife, Ann (Zwicker).[1] He has three siblings.[2] His grandfather, Stanley Kerr, volunteered with the Near East Relief after the Armenian genocide and rescued women and orphans in Aleppo and Marash before eventually settling in Beirut.[3] Kerr spent much of his childhood in Lebanon and other Middle Eastern countries. While in Beirut in the summer of 1983, he met a number of US Marines who were later killed in the Beirut barracks bombings.[4] Kerr attended Cairo American College in Egypt, the American Community School in Beirut, Lebanon, and Palisades High School (now Palisades Charter High School) in Los Angeles, graduating in 1983.

Malcolm Kerr was killed by members of the Shia Lebanese militia called Islamic Jihad on the morning of January 18, 1984, at the age of 52 while he was serving as president of the American University of Beirut.[5][6][7][8] He was shot twice in the back of his head, by gunmen using suppressed handguns, in the hallway outside his office."
The idiots in this thread have about two dozen brain cells amongst them all. I wouldn't let them get you down.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic