Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Al Sobotka fired for pissing in a drain

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Al Sobotka fired for pissing in a drain

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:35 pm

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/ ... 383179001/

If you whip your dick out at work, you are going to get fired. Al is/was an icon, but this is a no-brainer firing. I'm surprised it took so long for this news to leak...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Re: Al Sobotka fired for pissing in a drain

Post by Honeyman » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:35 pm

If you whip your dick out at work, you are going to get fired. Al is/was an icon, but this is a no-brainer firing. I'm surprised it took so long for this news to leak...
:lol: Well done.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:35 pm

Amazing that he would piss in the wind with the media and raise such a stink when he knew the true fount.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:17 pm

The reason he was fired was on Reddit not too long after the media finally figured it out and asked Olympia Entertainment for a statement. The person that posted it got roasted for telling what turned out to be the truth.

The Buzzboard microphones were there for the meeting with HR: "Al, urine a whole lotta trouble. Your continued employment Depends on several things."

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:10 am

Reading the News and Freep articles about this, I think he will win his case. And I think the male co-worker that turned him in may be the world's first rectal birth.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:00 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:10 am
Reading the News and Freep articles about this, I think he will win his case. And I think the male co-worker that turned him in may be the world's first rectal birth.
If you're caught with your dick out pissing in public, you can be charged with indecent exposure, which is a sex crime. It doesn't change if it's another man you are exposed to. It seems reasonable that Al could have worn Depends if he knew he had a medical issue. His problem didn't give him the right to whip his dick out AT WORK. I don't know how anyone could suggest this is a case he'll win, even with a #1 attorney.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Michiganviewer

Post by Michiganviewer » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:04 am

The guy worked with the Red Wings ALL his life. Since 17 years old. I doubt he would just throw that all away.

Dude had a medical condition. This was a Discriminatory firing by the Red Wings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Al Sobotka fired for pissing in a drainw

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:12 am

Even with a medical condition, you don’t piss in a drain.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:14 am

Got an e-mail from a buddy who is very in tune with the Red Wing organization. Apparently Al had a long history of signing his name (or other's name's) in yellow in the Zamboni snow shavings piles, and that he'd been warned for years to stop doing it. The incident described was not the first time he was caught pissing in something other than a toilet in the arena, but one of many incidents.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:42 am

Let me ask every guy here a question. Just the guys.
If you seen a coworker pissing behind a beam or a dumpster or whatever, and you were the only one that seen it, would you turn him in?

And let me add this, the area you seen him peeing in does NOT smell like people have been peeing there. Would you tell the boss?

I stand by what I said before. The guy that turned him in is a rectal birth. Yes, it was wrong for Sobotka to piss in a drain. But in my personal opinion the little boy that squealed on him was wrong too. And Honeyman please pass along what I said to your friend in the Red Wings organization. If your friend knows who the snitch is, ask him why his gonads haven't dropped yet.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:28 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:42 am
Let me ask every guy here a question. Just the guys.
If you seen a coworker pissing behind a beam or a dumpster or whatever, and you were the only one that seen it, would you turn him in?

And let me add this, the area you seen him peeing in does NOT smell like people have been peeing there. Would you tell the boss?

I stand by what I said before. The guy that turned him in is a rectal birth. Yes, it was wrong for Sobotka to piss in a drain. But in my personal opinion the little boy that squealed on him was wrong too. And Honeyman please pass along what I said to your friend in the Red Wings organization. If your friend knows who the snitch is, ask him why his gonads haven't dropped yet.
He didn't piss outside - he pissed in his place of work. If someone pissed in my place of work, I'd unequivocally report someone pissing in an office, with the belief that they were mentally unstable.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:00 pm

There are a myriad of solutions to his previously diagnosed medical problem. Opting out of those solutions is 100% on him - not the organ-eye-zation.

I'm with Matt on this one - especially considering there's about a 99% chance he was on video.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:31 pm

FWIW, I was also told that he liked to take pictures of his artwork in his chosen medium and send it to people as a joke... Not anything gross...but like "I wrote your name HAHAHAHA" stuff.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:57 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:31 pm
FWIW, I was also told that he liked to take pictures of his artwork in his chosen medium and send it to people as a joke... Not anything gross...but like "I wrote your name HAHAHAHA" stuff.
So he has arrested development and is still mentally the age he was when the Wings hired him.

Also, I'm interested to understand how someone could write a name when they have to piss immediately, as the lawsuit claims.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:03 pm

Tbh I don't think this should be such a big deal. They shouldn't have fired him, but since he's gone, he should just make the most of it and cash in by doing the whole bar circuit thing. He could judge pissing contests or something like that. Sell his own line of those things women use to piss out of that are shaped like dicks. Sell shirts of octopus with eight dicks as arms, pissing from them onto like the blackhawks logo. He could even have his own "Sobotka #1" jersey.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic