Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lions Draft Picks

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MasterB

Re: Lions Draft Picks

Post by MasterB » Sun May 01, 2022 12:22 am

I liked what the Lions did they robbed the Vikings moving 20 spots to number 12 and also not giving up next year's 1ST round pick either. I was happy that Daniel from NFL Network was wrong about the Lions drafting a QB at 12 unless it was Kenny Pickett I was happy it wasn't Willis I was not sold on him. I was hoping that it was going to be Kyle Hamilton at pick 12 I like Jameson Williams pick at 12.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun May 01, 2022 8:59 am

MasterB wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:22 am
I liked what the Lions did they robbed the Vikings moving 20 spots to number 12 and also not giving up next year's 1ST round pick either. I was happy that Daniel from NFL Network was wrong about the Lions drafting a QB at 12 unless it was Kenny Pickett I was happy it wasn't Willis I was not sold on him. I was hoping that it was going to be Kyle Hamilton at pick 12 I like Jameson Williams pick at 12.
I wasn't really sold on any of the QBs, especially Willis! Watching games this year had me leaning toward Howell, if indeed a QB was to be taken. If Pickett has small hands like everyone says, well, I've seen enough of Stafford's fumbling when pressured to not want that to be an issue.

Hamilton's 4.7 40 time at the combines was a big strike against him, IMO. I realize speed isn't everything, but it sure helps in coverage. I'll bet he plays more low in the box with the Ravens, more like a strong safety or linebacker.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 01, 2022 9:09 am

I am glad the Lions did not select a QB. The QB class was not particularly strong this year, and if you're going to take a QB to be your future starter, you damn well better do it in the first round. Doing so in one of the later rounds would've been a wasted pick, in all probability.

Unless Goff has a good season next year (unlikely), the Lions should consider selecting a QB in next year's draft.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun May 01, 2022 9:40 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:09 am
I am glad the Lions did not select a QB. The QB class was not particularly strong this year, and if you're going to take a QB to be your future starter, you damn well better do it in the first round. Doing so in one of the later rounds would've been a wasted pick, in all probability.

Unless Goff has a good season next year (unlikely), the Lions should consider selecting a QB in next year's draft.
I'd guess even if Goff sees success next season, the team will have to draft a QB. A decision will have to be made on if paying Goff $30+ million a year is worth it going forward, not to mention the cap savings if he is cut before next June.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

format this

Lions Draft Picks

Post by format this » Thu May 05, 2022 9:09 am

MWmetalhead wrote:I am glad the Lions did not select a QB. The QB class was not particularly strong this year, and if you're going to take a QB to be your future starter, you damn well better do it in the first round. Doing so in one of the later rounds would've been a wasted pick, in all probability.
Tell that to Tom Brady.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:31 pm

Sign all of the new guys that you can. They might be better than what we have now.

Wait until next year to get a decent quarterback.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic