Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Blashill needs to be fired

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Blashill needs to be fired

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:57 am

I thought he should've been canned following last season.

100 percent agree with John Niyo.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... ?gnt-cfr=1

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Re: Blashill needs to be fired

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:00 am

There's no advantage to firing Blashill now. He's on an expiring contract, so the call needs to be made one way or another in the very near future. Trust Steve.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:05 pm

This recent slump will make it easier for Yzerman to do what any GM wants to do—hire his own guy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:45 pm

Nick Lidstrom anyone?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:43 pm

Alec Calvaruso, until someone better is available?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:45 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:43 pm
Alec Calvaruso, until someone better is available?
If Steve offered him the job, he would have enough class not to yank it away a week before the season starts and then give the job to a kid whose father is a big Red Wings "booster."

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:48 pm

Any 'Fire Millen' signs left over that we can modify and use?

After Blashill goes, who gets the job? Will he be better than what we have now?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:57 am

Pretty tough to do any worse!

I'm perfectly fine waiting until the season concludes for Blashill to be fired. I didn't intend to imply he should be fired this instant. He absolutely should be fired within a week of the regular season ending.

Not hiring Gerard Gallant was a blunder of epic proportions, but because everyone likes Stevie Y., no one in the local media will call out Yzerman. Did I mention how well the Rangers are doing this season? There's no doubt in my mind Gallant would've taken a Detroit HC job in an instant had it been offered to him last spring.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/r ... s-ac5l23dm

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:03 am

It better happen after the season is over. I have been saying fire Blahill after 2018-19 season.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:24 am

Fans were chanting "Fire Blashill!" last night.

Those of you who were fine with his contract being extended last off season are gonna feel stupid when the Rangers have a deep playoff run this year. True, the Rangers were a better team than the Wings a year ago. Still, their year over year improvement is remarkable. That's the man who should've been behind the bench for the Wings this season. If he were, the Wings likely would be vying for a wild card berth right now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic