Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NCAA College Hockey Playoff - U of M VS. AIC

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Bryce

NCAA College Hockey Playoff - U of M VS. AIC

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:37 pm

Three O'clock today on ESPN-U.

Well, the AIC boys go up against a UofM team with 17 NHL draft picks, at least seven of which were first round picks. Going to be an uphill battle. If coach Lang is smart, he'll be playing this on a loop in the locker room....

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Re: NCAA College Hockey Playoff - U of M VS. AIC

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:02 pm

Go Blue!!!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:22 pm

https://www.uscho.com/stats/player/mid, ... calvaruso/

THIS is the putz you were whining about Mel not taking???

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:22 pm

Putz? That "putz" is the ONLY thing keeping this game from being a blowout.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:55 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:22 pm
Putz? That "putz" is the ONLY thing keeping this game from being a blowout.
Looking at that resume and those stats, he's not Michigan-caliber. You made it out as though Mel really screwed over 3 school, seldom used Alec.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:34 pm

Telling the kid he was on the team, having him choose classes, giving him a team sweater and introducing him to "his new teammates" and then telling him no a week before the season started was an asshole move for coach cocksucker to make. I don't care who the player is.

I know hockey. He outplayed Michigan's goalie today.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:44 pm

Rooting for an all state of Michigan Frozen Four final. Go Broncos, Go Blue

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:20 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:34 pm
Telling the kid he was on the team, having him choose classes, giving him a team sweater and introducing him to "his new teammates" and then telling him no a week before the season started was an asshole move for coach cocksucker to make. I don't care who the player is.

Portillo faced 32 shots and saved 29.

Calvaruso faced 31 shots and saved 26.

Granted, the Michigan shots were higher quality, but 3 schools Alec didn't clearly outplay Portillo. That's just silly.

The kid would not have sniffed the ice at Michigan.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:20 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:20 pm
Bryce wrote:

Granted, the Michigan shots were higher quality, but 3 schools Alec didn't clearly outplay Portillo. That's just silly.

Did you watch the game? Shots on goal, in and of itself, doesn't tell a complete story. Even the announcers were giving that kid props throughout the game because of the quality of saves he was making and how he controlled the tempo of the game. Portillo didn't work up a sweat. He didn't really make any big saves. and faced 15 of his 32 shots in the third period. Those were mostly shots from the point.

And then there's this. Calvaruso facing 17 NHL draft picks, 4 of which were top 5 and 7 top ten. NHL draft picks faced by Portillo? 0

Even Coach Cornhole should be able to win with that roster.

I was a frequent visitor to Yost. I will not step foot inside again until that cocksucker is gone.
Last edited by Bryce on Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:36 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:20 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:20 pm
Bryce wrote:

Did you watch the game? Even the announcers were giving that kid props throughout the game. Portillo didn't work up a sweat.
I had it in one of my screens at the office on 20% volume, so I was keeping an eye on it more than actively watching. I suppose it's possible the kid could have been the next Shawn Hunwick at Michigan, but it doesn't seem likely. This is the only year in 5 college seasons where he has received any run.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:45 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:36 am

This is the only year in 5 college seasons where he has received any run.
A broken ankle can do that to a goaler.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:06 pm

I cannot believe they still play at Yost.....much less that dump is even still standing. I remember going to a game there when I was in college getting soaked because the roof was leaking on me. I graduated in 1978.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:18 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:06 pm
I cannot believe they still play at Yost.....much less that dump is even still standing. I remember going to a game there when I was in college getting soaked because the roof was leaking on me. I graduated in 1978.
Yost is a great, beautiful facility, probably the best place to watch hockey.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:21 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:18 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:06 pm
Yost is a great, beautiful facility, probably the best place to watch hockey.
Granted, I have not stepped foot in it in over 40 years and I have no idea of what renovations have taken place.

But it was a shithole in the 1970's.

The censorship king from out of state.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:33 pm

Bummer. Winning their second NCAA tournament game was too big of an ask for the Broncos - would have loved to see WMU crash the Frozen Four party.

You wouldn't recognize the inside of Yost these days. They've spent north of $20 million on the inside just since the 90s.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic