Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

March Madness predictions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

March Madness predictions

Post by Honeyman » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:12 am

I have MSU and UM each winning their first game and done.

Arizona, Providence, Kentucky, Texas Tech in the FF.

Arizona to win it all.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Re: March Madness predictions

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:16 am

Every year I play in a pool that is about 3,000 to 4,000 entrants large so with that many people I don't like to pick #1 seeds to win it all since if a 1 wins it, a thousand or more other people have the same pick which means you need to be damn near perfect on all the other games.

So my sleeper pick to win it all this year it Tennessee. Remainder of my Final 4 is Gonzaga, Kentucky, and Kansas.

Realistically Gonzaga is a pretty heavy favorite to win it all.

As to Michigan and Michigan State, I have the same. Though I do feel Duke is overrated this year, maybe MSU could give them a run for their money in the 2nd round.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:28 am

Like Tennessee a lot, beemer. Just think Zona has more talent than anyone. Good luck!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:04 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:16 am
Every year I play in a pool that is about 3,000 to 4,000 entrants large so with that many people I don't like to pick #1 seeds to win it all since if a 1 wins it, a thousand or more other people have the same pick which means you need to be damn near perfect on all the other games.

So my sleeper pick to win it all this year it Tennessee. Remainder of my Final 4 is Gonzaga, Kentucky, and Kansas.

Realistically Gonzaga is a pretty heavy favorite to win it all.

As to Michigan and Michigan State, I have the same. Though I do feel Duke is overrated this year, maybe MSU could give them a run for their money in the 2nd round.
Same final four but Gonzaga beating Kansas in the final. I have State losing to Gonzaga in the elite 8, the furthest I have any B1G team making it. My pick of Michigan winning a game is seriously in peril.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Night and day difference in the second half. If they shit the bed in the first half against Tennessee they aren't winning.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:19 pm

I can't believe they came back to win that game. There was a point in the first half where I was ready to say they're going to lose by 20 or 25 points.

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:59 pm

MSU will either lose to Davidson or be the team that ends Coach K's career. No in betweens.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:29 pm

Hahahaha! Fuck Iowa!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:11 pm

I had Iowa winning it all at first and then changed it. When has Iowa ever won any big games? I had Michigan beating CSU and losing to Tennessee which should still be the case. I believe I had MSU to the sweet 16. I honestly winged most of my picks. Haven't watched a ton of basketball this year. Went with the Zags as the winner of it all as the safe play. Filled out my Fox Sports Bet tourney game for the first round.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:18 pm

Big Ten not looking especially strong.

And while Duke is not a great team, they should get by these Spartans, should we beat Davidson. No way a retiring Coach K for Kock and Duke is not getting every call in Greenville.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:28 pm

LMAO @ Iowa!!!

They shit the bed every tournament they make, it seems. Purdue is another team with that flaw; we shall see if the same fate awaits.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:50 pm

Well, I got MSU going to the elite 8. Don't let me down, Sparty. Iowa is the only bad pick today(so far).

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:20 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:50 pm
Well, I got MSU going to the elite 8. Don't let me down, Sparty. Iowa is the only bad pick today(so far).
Me too, and I say PLEASE LET ME DOWN SPARTY!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:37 pm

You guys are nuts taking MSU that far. Don't be blaming me when they turn it over 15 times vs. Duke.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:37 pm
You guys are nuts taking MSU that far. Don't be blaming me when they turn it over 15 times vs. Duke.
I'd be happy if they don't even play Duke.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic