Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

There will be baseball!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: There will be baseball!

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:03 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:44 pm
I don't get the anti-dh people. You don't ask a QB to play defense in football.
The game started without a DH and doesn’t need one. If you don’t watch, why would you care?

If people knew what a double switch was and realized how it relates to the pitching changes, you would appreciate it more. The game has more runs than ever. Pitching sucks enough. Besides, it will only lengthen the game which the MLB supposedly wanted to work on length of game. Perhaps it was because I was a pitcher, but I love the 2-1 or 1-0 games. These pitchers cannot even through past 5 or 6 innings, and we want to give them more difficult lineups to navigate? It also further limits the lost art of bunting. Baseball is about strategy more than most other games, and the strategy is dying under these guidelines.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic