Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NHL Hockey On ESPN+

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Bryce

NHL Hockey On ESPN+

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:21 am

Watched the Red Wing game on plus last night. I had a difficult time understanding or I guess sometimes even hearing what the play by play and color person was saying. Not sure if it was production or the lack of timbre in their voices.

Is it just me?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Robert Faygo

Re: NHL Hockey On ESPN+

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:59 pm

Nope.

My opinion is that the ESPN+ games run the rink mics a ton hotter than I'm used to from Bally or what NBC did. There is a lot more skate/puck/ice noise - so much so that it's distracting from the announcers.

I think Leah Hextall is very a good announcer, but the added rink noise combined with a female voice does make the adjustment from NBC, and now TNT, over to ESPN+ a bit tougher.

Oh, and what a turd of game that was last night from the Wings. Embarrasing.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:07 pm

I'm thinking your right. Loud rink noise combined with lack of timbre coupled with my aged ears is probably the problem.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:57 pm

The Wings are unwatchable anyways right now. Detroit sports suck other than the Tigers. Mark my words, they will make the playoffs this year.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:34 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:57 pm
The Wings are unwatchable anyways right now. Detroit sports suck other than the Tigers. Mark my words, they will make the playoffs this year.
I disagree. I think the Wings are pretty damn entertaining and fun to watch this season.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:43 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:34 pm
I disagree. I think the Wings are pretty damn entertaining and fun to watch this season.
The Wings have made significant strides. Also, baseball sucks.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:24 pm

I heard a replay on FM radio and the voice levels were WAY too low. Usually they compress the hell out of the PBP and color microphones to always drown out the crowd sound.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:57 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:43 pm
Bryce wrote:
I doubt the MLB cares that you hate it. Don’t spoil the enthusiasm that some of us have for the sport. You would pitch a bitch if the NFL got locked out.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:19 pm

Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:57 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:43 pm
Bryce wrote:
I doubt the MLB cares that you hate it. Don’t spoil the enthusiasm that some of us have for the sport. You would pitch a bitch if the NFL got locked out.
Nope. I'm a college guy first and foremost.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:40 pm

The Wings have shit the bed over the past few weeks. I was rather excited about their performance until then.

I'd like to see them make the postseason.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:57 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:40 pm
The Wings have shit the bed over the past few weeks. I was rather excited about their performance until then.

I'd like to see them make the postseason.
I was too, but you cannot make the playoffs if you give up 9 or 10 goals each night. When I watched them get beat 10-7 by the Leafs, I knew this team was in trouble. I was done watching at that point.

Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:12 am

Fire Blashill why does he still have a job?

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:15 pm

MasterB wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:12 am
Fire Blashill why does he still have a job?
Consistently horrid defense the last two weeks. They had a good start so that's what makes the current skid suck more.

Audacity sucks.

thekman

Post by thekman » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:51 pm

Anyone watch NHL on TNT coverage? I really like their studio show. A fun bunch to watch. Announcing crews are good too.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:50 pm

I don't have cable. The Wings need to be on an over-the-air station. Maybe then I will watch them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic