Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Matthew Stafford is a piece of shit

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Matthew Stafford is a piece of shit

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:20 pm

https://nypost.com/2022/02/17/matthew-s ... her-falls/

I'm willing to listen if there is a reasonable explanation for Stafford's inaction here, but it doesn't look good.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Re: Matthew Stafford is a piece of shit

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:29 pm

Oh, wow. That ain't cool. My only possible thought is he thought she was hammered drunk and walked away. But that was shitty of him.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:47 am

Agreed, Matt. I've lost respect for him.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:21 am

MLive still carrying water for Stafford: https://www.mlive.com/lions/2022/02/mat ... -fall.html

This is damage control because what happened was caught on video.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:16 am

Lots of hate here.

You really think that he knew what happened and walked away from that?? Does he really have ANY history of being a POS that would lead you to immediately think that?? Lots of other quarterbacks and football players do, so I could see jumping to a conclusion in those cases, but I'm not aware of such a history with Stafford.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:26 am

It looks like the Staffords and the Rams are paying for the photographer's medical treatment and her photography equipment. That sounds like a guilt payment from Matt Stafford, which seems like reasonable compensation for a very bad reaction by him.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:42 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:16 am
Lots of hate here.

You really think that he knew what happened and walked away from that?? Does he really have ANY history of being a POS that would lead you to immediately think that?? Lots of other quarterbacks and football players do, so I could see jumping to a conclusion in those cases, but I'm not aware of such a history with Stafford.
Yeah, I can. He seems like a good guy, but sports stars have agents and consultants that coach them on how to not appear like an asshole in a world where everything is caught on video. If he isn't a piece of shit, he at least did a shitty thing there. Either way that injury has changed that woman's life forever and his reaction was cold as fuck. Fuck him.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:20 am

Certainly not a good look for Stafford but I see at least three mitigating factors.

1. He was by most accounts intoxicated at that point. Anyone who's ever had too much to drink might know that ones split second, spur of the moment decision making is impaired.
Add to that there is little indication he has a history of consuming adult beverages to excess, and to that extent he is perhaps an "amature drunk"

2. It's not like he pushed her off the stage. She fell of her own accord because she lost track of her surroundings. So he had no direct responsibility for what happened.

3. Given his intoxicated "bad look" decision what was a right decision? To stare down at her like his wife seemed to do? It's not like drunk Matthew Stafford was going to jump off a 7 (?) foot high stage and administered medical help. So he is a piece of shit for NOT being a gawker?

It was a bad look and maybe he should have stared down like his wife. You know just like gawkers at a west bound traffic accident cause the eastbound lane to slow to a crawl.
But if making a bad drunk decision makes one a piece of shit there are a lot of pieces of shit walking around.

disclaimer: most everything I said assumes Stafford was drunk. Something I don't know for sure but it seems pretty obvious by most accounts.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:52 am

If anyone believes the Staffords will be paying a dollar of the poor woman's medical bills, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

The press release issued by the Rams was an exercise in damage control after Matthew Stafford (arguably the face of the team) made a complete ass of himself. He didn't express even a modicum of concern. He was more interested in taking a sip of water.

It will be the Rams organization solely who will be paying the medical bills, not Stafford.

Craig, you realize the stage likely had stairs on at least one side, right? There is no reason he would've had to "jump off" the stage.

I completely agree with Matt and Neckbeard here.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:28 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:52 am

Craig, you realize the stage likely had stairs on at least one side, right? There is no reason he would've had to "jump off" the stage.

I completely agree with Matt and Neckbeard here.
Gee I thought everybody got up there on an 8 foot step ladder.
You realize Stafford's medical malpractice insurance excludes him practicing medicine while intoxicated, right?

And who do you agree with? Matt who declared him a piece of shit? Or Neckbeard who left room for him to have merely done a shitty thing?
i have no doubt everyone of us here has done a shitty thing or two in our lives. Does that make us all walking, talking, keyboarding pieces of shit?
Or do we weigh the number of shitty things we've done verse's the number of noble and neutral things we've done the preponderance of which defines our character?

I don't question Stafford made a bad split second reaction while likely intoxicated.
I just don't think that drunken moment should define who he is as a human being.
That's where I differ from you and Matt.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:44 am

I think Stafford did not act appropriately at all at that moment. I am hopeful it was a bad lapse in judgment as opposed to a general indication of who he is as a person.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:33 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:44 am
I think Stafford did not act appropriately at all at that moment. I am hopeful it was a bad lapse in judgment as opposed to a general indication of who he is as a person.
OK fair enough. But the guy spent 12 years in SE Michigan and I doubt you can find any other instances of misbehavior. By most accounts the Staffords have been positive members of the SE Michigan community, seperate from his job and how one might cast blame for the Lions woes.
He and his wife have rather quietly donated time and money to various charities. He has admitted his wife is the driving force behind a lot of the charitable work but I suspect that is often the case with athletes. Either way when she finds charitable causes he has participated both physically and financially.

My personal opinion is he perhaps hadn't been that intoxicated since college and was lacking in sound judgement for several hours when he failed to react in a more compassionate way.

format this

Post by format this » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:00 pm

If this makes any of you feel any better, I’m willing to bet Matt had one helluva hangover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:46 am

Matt had too much to drink he isn't a doctor it was a split moment. And maybe Matt was calling for medical attention for the lady, will never know I'm not going to pass judgment on Matt on just a few second clip.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:26 am

I think they were over-the-top drunk. He should not have done what he did when he was drunk like that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic