Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Super Bowl predictions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
moldyoldie

Re: Super Bowl predictions

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:07 am

No predictions, just here to say I hope it's a great game and GO STAFFORD!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:52 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:48 pm
I think this town has every right to celebrate the "Detroit Rams". It really is the closest this city will come to a Super Bowl.

I like the Rams 35-31. I think Stafford does throw a pick late in the 4th quarter, but the Rams " bend but don't break" defense holds as we witness a stop on the goal line reminiscent to the 1999 Rams stopping the Titans.

And yes, going to love the halftime show because California knows how to party! And CONS, keep your fake truckers away from the event. We've all been through enough shit the past two years. Start your protests on Monday because we know you enjoy war over love anyways. Let's enjoy this.
You had to put political bullshit I'm there?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:05 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:52 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:48 pm
I think this town has every right to celebrate the "Detroit Rams". It really is the closest this city will come to a Super Bowl.

I like the Rams 35-31. I think Stafford does throw a pick late in the 4th quarter, but the Rams " bend but don't break" defense holds as we witness a stop on the goal line reminiscent to the 1999 Rams stopping the Titans.

And yes, going to love the halftime show because California knows how to party! And CONS, keep your fake truckers away from the event. We've all been through enough shit the past two years. Start your protests on Monday because we know you enjoy war over love anyways. Let's enjoy this.
You had to put political bullshit I'm there?
I am not the one threatening to disrupt the Super Bowl.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:48 pm

Know who's disrupting the Super Bowl? NBC!!!

Three TV timeouts in fifteen minutes.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:31 pm

One of the worst halftime shows ever. The "applause" at the end was definitely fake. Poor music, lame stage design and stage show, and the audio sounded flat as a pancake on my receiver. Reminded me of crappy sound from a $10 clock radio.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:04 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:48 pm
Know who's disrupting the Super Bowl? NBC!!!

Three TV timeouts in fifteen minutes.
I couldn't watch much of the game because of the absolute stupidity of most of the commercials. Very desperate attempts to get people's attention and justify the money spent on the commercials and airtime.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:15 pm

There was less commercial clutter in the second half. Game moved along at a good pace.

Regardless of local fans' feelings of Stafford, he deserves credit for being gracious in victory. He also did what he needed to do to help propel his team to victory.

Compare the class of Stafford to that of Burrow, who dressed and looked like a jackass walking into the stadium.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:34 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:31 pm
One of the worst halftime shows ever. The "applause" at the end was definitely fake. Poor music, lame stage design and stage show, and the audio sounded flat as a pancake on my receiver. Reminded me of crappy sound from a $10 clock radio.
There's been many worse, IMO. The Black Eyed Peas comes to mind. I thought it was mediocre.

If my facebook feed is any indication though, the people in my age group absolutely loved it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:43 pm

Did I miss it or did NBC not allow Al Michaels to say a few words at the end of the game to wrap up his career with the network?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:50 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:34 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:31 pm
There's been many worse, IMO. The Black Eyed Peas comes to mind. I thought it was mediocre.

If my facebook feed is any indication though, the people in my age group absolutely loved it.
You would hate it. “California Love” reminds me of the good times in this country. My friend called in the middle of the halftime show so I didn’t catch all of it, but I am sure it is on YouTube. I will definitely watch it. Eminem and Snoop were awesome throughout I’m sure.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:22 am

Missy Elliott was probably the worst halftime show of the past 25 years. Rolling Stones (in Detroit) also stunk. I'd put yesterday's show in the bottom five.

I don't blame the performers last night inasmuch as the folks who designed the stage and who handled the audio. The audio was befitting of classical music, not hip hop! The bass was damn near non existent. Despite having marquee performers, the show had a low budget look.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:02 am

Good game!

A little lower-scoring than most thought it would be. Congrats to Stafford & Co for pulling it off! Cincy gave it a good go.

Some of the commercials were entertaining.

My wife snuck back to the theater room with a plate of food to 'watch the ads' @ half-time (?!?), and - as they say in the computer industry - I don't think she had 'an enjoyable end-user experience'. Hated it, actually - said it was terrible. On the other hand...

Our daughter (mid-20's) in MT said she was dancing and 'singing' along, knew every word to every 'song', and absolutely loved the 'historic' half-time show. Nostalgic to her, maybe.

I cannot review what I did not see.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:09 am

I thought the halftime show was great. I didn't have any issues with the set. I think most people in the xennial age group were pretty happy with the show. It was one of the best that I can remember, maybe the best.

I wonder if any of the 2 pick Stafford cucks are planning a parade down Woodward to celebrate...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:57 am

I'm glad he wasn't named MVP; that would've been a miscarriage of justice.

G G

Post by G G » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:58 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:09 am
I thought the halftime show was great. I didn't have any issues with the set. I think most people in the xennial age group were pretty happy with the show. It was one of the best that I can remember, maybe the best.

I wonder if any of the 2 pick Stafford cucks are planning a parade down Woodward to celebrate...
The Stafford parade will be in Ferndale in front of the Detroit Bubble Tea Factory

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic