Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Super Bowl predictions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Super Bowl predictions

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:13 pm

This year is the first time I can think of where I'm most excited for halftime. I also think people who are buying Detroit Rams shirts are cuckolds: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 753970001/

Having said that, I do think LA wins a close one. Let's say 31-30.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Re: Super Bowl predictions

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:13 pm
This year is the first time I can think of where I'm most excited for halftime. I also think people who are buying Detroit Rams shirts are cuckolds: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 753970001/

Having said that, I do think LA wins a close one. Let's say 31-30.
I say he wins and we are cursed for another 50 years.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:00 am

I'm happy for this one as it's not another "Tom Brady vs..." games. Cinci hasn't been since....what, 88? 90? Somewhere in there? Or Stafford, his first year out of Detroit and in a Super Bowl. I always liked Stafford because he seems so humble, not screaming at the camera like Richard Sherman or being mouthy and gloating. He doesn't make himself the headline. I feel like Cincy will be back, but LA won't, so I'm going with LA, 30-27.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:41 am

RAMS 27
Bengals. 23

The censorship king from out of state.

G G

Post by G G » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:13 pm

MCRF is gonna take the rams.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:15 pm

G G wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:13 pm
MCRF is gonna take the rams.
He's not interested in you, so please don't continue to post your weird fantasies.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:32 pm

I, for one, am definitely looking forward to the football game. Stafford is going to throw a pick late in the fourth quarter that will allow the Bengals to pull off an upset victory.

I'm not such a Stafford hater that I would be upset if his team were to win. Frankly, I don't hate the guy at all. I'm just not a Stafford "fanboy." He is a decent quarterback with a great arm who is getting more praise from some than he deserves because he is surrounded by outstanding talent.

Prediction:
Bengals - 27
Rams - 24

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

kager

Post by kager » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:42 pm

I think Jeff Glor said it well this morning... (paraphrasing)

My head says the Rams will win, but my heart wants the Bengals to win.

I just hope it will be a good (not lopsided) game.

We already know we will be busy doing something - anything - away from the telly during halftime...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:36 pm

kager wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:42 pm

We already know we will be busy doing something - anything - away from the telly during halftime...
Why would you skip the best halftime show EVER?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:42 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:36 pm
kager wrote:

"Way too many coloreds. I enjoyed Up With People back in the day. Ni--ers knew their place then". ---audiophile

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:15 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:42 pm
Matt wrote:
kager wrote:

"Way too many coloreds. I enjoyed Up With People back in the day. Ni--ers knew their place then". ---audiophile
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:48 pm

I think this town has every right to celebrate the "Detroit Rams". It really is the closest this city will come to a Super Bowl.

I like the Rams 35-31. I think Stafford does throw a pick late in the 4th quarter, but the Rams " bend but don't break" defense holds as we witness a stop on the goal line reminiscent to the 1999 Rams stopping the Titans.

And yes, going to love the halftime show because California knows how to party! And CONS, keep your fake truckers away from the event. We've all been through enough shit the past two years. Start your protests on Monday because we know you enjoy war over love anyways. Let's enjoy this.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:33 pm

I'll predict that L.A. finally puts it all together with the talent on both sides of the ball, and wins by at least 10 points.

Watching Stafford lead the Rams to a Super Bowl win would make a lot of people feel good around here. I remember how enjoyable it was to see Verlander jump on the victory pile after the Astros "won" the 2017 World Series. This would be even better because Stafford never had this chance before, unlike Verlander, who was terrible in the World Series for the Tigers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:53 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:33 pm
I'll predict that L.A. finally puts it all together with the talent on both sides of the ball, and wins by at least 10 points.

Watching Stafford lead the Rams to a Super Bowl win would make a lot of people feel good around here. I remember how enjoyable it was to see Verlander jump on the victory pile after the Astros "won" the 2017 World Series. This would be even better because Stafford never had this chance before, unlike Verlander, who was terrible in the World Series for the Tigers.
TE Tyler Higbee has been announced as out for tomorrow’s game. I don’t see a 10+ point win. In fact, I will say LA 31-27 with this news.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

kager

Post by kager » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:25 am

Matt wrote:
kager wrote:

My teenaged son would probably ask the same question...

It's easy - the list of half-time 'performers' reads like a McDonald's menu to me:

Even if there is a surprise appearance by the McRib, there's nothing on it that appeals to me.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic