Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

UM hockey under investigation of Covid deception

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

UM hockey under investigation of Covid deception

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:35 pm

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Re: UM hockey under investigation of Covid deception

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:12 pm

Not only that, but Mel has screwed over a number of young recruits by promising them spots on the team, even to the point of giving them sweaters with a number on them and then releasing them just prior to the season starting so it's too late for another team to pick them up.

I has happened so often that at least one member of the staff had quit over it. I know of one agent that will not longer deal with him or the team.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:37 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:12 pm
Not only that, but Mel has screwed over a number of young recruits by promising them spots on the team, even to the point of giving them sweaters with a number on them and then releasing them just prior to the season starting so it's too late for another team to pick them up.

I has happened so often that at least one member of the staff had quit over it. I know of one agent that will not longer deal with him or the team.
I don't really follow college hockey, but sent your comments to a buddy of mine who does. He sent me back the below response:

Yes. Pearson signs players for spots he doesn’t have open for insurance if a current players leave early or recruits decide not to go the NCAA route. It’s a problem in college hockey.

It hasn’t hurt the wolvies in recruiting. He has 13 NHL draft picks on the team (second most in the NCAA) including 7 first round picks. To put that in perspective, the rest of the NCAA teams have 5 first round picks total.

If anything, Pearson is seriously underachieving with the talent he has

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:35 pm

Mel had to rebuild a program that became stagnant the last half decade under Red, and he's done a great job building the talent level to where it needs to be, but I struggle to say he's underachieved, given 2020 was canceled and Michigan's 2021 was ended prematurely because of covid. Oversigning is an issue, but it is not exclusive to Michigan. Hell, there's a rumor that Owen Power will join the lowly Sabres after the Olympics, before Michigan's season is done.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:32 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:35 pm
Oversigning is an issue, but it is not exclusive to Michigan.
It's unethical. Period. To leave a player twisting in the wind, at the worst possible moment, just isn't right. Good ole Mel does it a lot.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:36 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:37 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:12 pm

I don't really follow college hockey, but sent your comments to a buddy of mine who does. He sent me back the below response:

Yes. Pearson signs players for spots he doesn’t have open for insurance if a current players leave early or recruits decide not to go the NCAA route. It’s a problem in college hockey.

It hasn’t hurt the wolvies in recruiting. He has 13 NHL draft picks on the team (second most in the NCAA) including 7 first round picks. To put that in perspective, the rest of the NCAA teams have 5 first round picks total.

If anything, Pearson is seriously underachieving with the talent he has
In almost a made for TV movie scenario, one of the players Mel released after a promised spot, with days left to go before the season started, will be between the pipes playing against them in the first round of the NCAA tournament on Friday.

AIC doesn't stand an ice cubes chance in hell against Michigan, but it is still a pretty cool backstory. Be that as it may, I know who I'll be rooting for.
"sometime, when the team is up against it -- and the breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic