Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jimmy Harbaugh fails in quest to get NFL head coaching job

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
moldyoldie

Re: Jimmy Harbaugh fails in quest to get NFL head coaching job

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:16 am

FWIW, I got some second-hand inside info, reputedly from one of the UM coaching staff, that Harbaugh is headed to Denver. NFL Network reports he had a video interview with the Broncos yesterday.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Re: Jimmy Harbaugh to the Raiders?

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:17 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:14 am
Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:30 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:39 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:39 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:36 pm
FEBRUARY 2022
Shefter: Jimmy staying at Michigan
I am elated with this development! He's also said this isn't going to be an annual thing!
Bump.
Warde needs to stop pussyfooting around and make Jim the highest paid coach in the B1G.
Oh, so it IS all about the money. All that bullshit Harbaugh was giving us last year about that NFL dalliance being a one-time thing and he's gonna be a Michigan man for life and "unbridled enthusiasm" and all the other shit was a bunch of crap.
Not at all. There is new university leadership in place and Harbaugh wants to make it clear that he's wanted and that the university will do what is necessary to stay competitive. The leadership support is clearly there with President Ono, and I think you'll see both sides making a very clear commitment to each other with the next extension.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Re: Jimmy Harbaugh to the Raiders?

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:04 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:17 am
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:14 am
Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:30 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:39 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:39 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:36 pm
FEBRUARY 2022
Shefter: Jimmy staying at Michigan
I am elated with this development! He's also said this isn't going to be an annual thing!
Bump.
Warde needs to stop pussyfooting around and make Jim the highest paid coach in the B1G.
Oh, so it IS all about the money. All that bullshit Harbaugh was giving us last year about that NFL dalliance being a one-time thing and he's gonna be a Michigan man for life and "unbridled enthusiasm" and all the other shit was a bunch of crap.
Not at all. There is new university leadership in place and Harbaugh wants to make it clear that he's wanted and that the university will do what is necessary to stay competitive. The leadership support is clearly there with President Ono, and I think you'll see both sides making a very clear commitment to each other with the next extension.
Or he will join Russell Wilson in Denver.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:19 am

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:21 am

Pretty common knowledge John Elway and Harbaugh despise each other. I heard it stems from a fight Jimmy had with Jim Kelly, former Bills QB and one of Elways best friends. Not sure if Elway still has any influence on Bronco decisions, but they do not get along at all.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:40 am

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:58 am

So is Harbaugh using this situation to out maneuver Warde when it comes to NIL and the like? I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that those issues had already been resolved internally.

The fact the threat of departing is happening for a second straight year pisses me off.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:01 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:58 am
So is Harbaugh using this situation to out maneuver Warde when it comes to NIL and the like? I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that those issues had already been resolved internally.

The fact the threat of departing is happening for a second straight year pisses me off.
Blame Warde.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:19 pm

I blame both of them. Harbaugh said "this won't be an annual thing."

Sounds like it's become an annual thing. He misled everyone, most importantly recruits, players, and staff, by making that remark.

Of course, if he leaves (I place the probability of that occurring at 25 percent), I guess at that point it won't be an annual thing anymore.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:01 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:58 am

Blame Warde.
Blame the damn coach who said “I’m staying! Promise. No more job feelers for me!” right up until he isn’t and he starts looking again.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:36 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:19 pm
I blame both of them. Harbaugh said "this won't be an annual thing."

Sounds like it's become an annual thing. He misled everyone, most importantly recruits, players, and staff, by making that remark.

Of course, if he leaves (I place the probability of that occurring at 25 percent), I guess at that point it won't be an annual thing anymore.
Last year he actively sought out opportunities after completing his initial contract, and that is not the case this year. I don't have an issue with him forcing Warde's hand and holding Warde accountable for unmet promises.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:56 pm

Harbaugh has every right to go to the pros to try and reach for a Super Bowl, and/or get the best contract he can. He has turned the UM program around and taken them to the playoff 2 years in a row. I don't think he owes the university a thing.

But he's a liar. That's why there is a Level 1 violation hanging over his head. And when you say "100%" you are committed to Michigan, and go back on your word in less than a year, you cheapen your reputation for one, and more importantly, deceive young recruits who put their trust behind you.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:58 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:56 pm
Harbaugh has every right to go to the pros to try and reach for a Super Bowl, and/or get the best contract he can. He has turned the UM program around and taken them to the playoff 2 years in a row. I don't think he owes the university a thing.

But he's a liar. That's why there is a Level 1 violation hanging over his head. And when you say "100%" you are committed to Michigan, and go back on your word in less than a year, you cheapen your reputation for one, and more importantly, deceive young recruits who put their trust behind you.
You're completely wrong on the second paragraph on all levels. Warde Manuel has been an issue - his new boss may need to make a decision on him if he doesn't change his ways.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:05 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:58 pm
Honeyman wrote:

You're completely wrong on the second paragraph on all levels. Warde Manuel has been an issue - his new boss may need to make a decision on him if he doesn't change his ways.
How is he wrong exactly?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:53 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:05 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:58 pm
Honeyman wrote:

How is he wrong exactly?
How is he right?

He let Beilein walk. He let Bakich walk. He let the Pearson thing extend months past when it had to (arguably a fire-able offense). He's jerking Harbaugh around. Hell, I'm a Juwan supporter, but he's not currently lighting the world on fire. His other basketball hire, Kevin Ollie, won big and then spectacularly flamed out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic