Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

J-Herp has Michigan basketball on fire!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: J-Herp has Michigan basketball on fire!

Post by Honeyman » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:06 pm

Joke of the day.....the thugs response:

"After taking time to reflect on all that happened, I realize how unacceptable by my actions and words were, and how they affected so many. I am truly sorry,” Howard said in a statement. “I speak a lot about being a Michigan man and representing the University of Michigan with class and pride, I did not do that, nor did I set the right example in the right way for my student-athletes. I will learn from my mistake and this mistake will never happen again.”

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:09 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:06 pm
Joke of the day.....the thugs response:

"After taking time to reflect on all that happened, I realize how unacceptable by my actions and words were, and how they affected so many. I am truly sorry,” Howard said in a statement. “I speak a lot about being a Michigan man and representing the University of Michigan with class and pride, I did not do that, nor did I set the right example in the right way for my student-athletes. I will learn from my mistake and this mistake will never happen again.”
Written by Michigan PR people clearly.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:42 pm

If you’re engaging today with Wisconsin fans, show them the videos if they think their side is completely blameless, but first acknowledge that the worst actor in all of this was Juwan Howard, and that you are appalled by it. Or—you know you can do this—don’t engage with them.

As for Sparties who hop in your mentions, you should know that long before this or the Maryland incident the RCMB has been a nest of perpetual, unchecked racist dog whistling about Howard. Check them out before replying, and if they seem to be looking for a fight, block and move on.

Again, if you are out there talking about this, please start with Howard was the most wrong.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:34 am

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:50 am

What the heck is the RCMB?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:15 am

Red Cedar Message Board - they really like that gross river up there.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:18 am

km1125 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:03 pm
Gard didn't touch Howard in any aggressive way, but merely grabbed his elbow as Howard was walking past. Howard could have continued to walk past without saying a word and just shrugged it off, but, obviously he wasn't capable of that.
Yes, he was making a reasonable response to a verbal threat from Howard.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:23 am

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:18 am
km1125 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:03 pm
Gard didn't touch Howard in any aggressive way, but merely grabbed his elbow as Howard was walking past. Howard could have continued to walk past without saying a word and just shrugged it off, but, obviously he wasn't capable of that.
Yes, he was making a reasonable response to a verbal threat from Howard.
Juwan said "I'll remember that shit." That is a statement, not a threat.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:35 am

Short of a bullet in the back of his head Spartan fans will bitch about it. Some things never change, a Spartan fan will always be more obsessed with Michigan than the other way around.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:01 pm

Frankly, being as this is his second go around with an incident like this, I think he should be fired.

Remember, this is collegiate basketball. His job isn't limited to winning basketball games, but also includes being a role model, setting an example and molding young college students into "Leaders And The Best."

He falls short.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:50 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:01 pm
Frankly, being as this is his second go around with an incident like this, I think he should be fired.

Remember, this is collegiate basketball. His job isn't limited to winning basketball games, but also includes being a role model, setting an example and molding young college students into "Leaders And The Best."

He falls short.
It's Michigan.

They have a statue of a rape enabler outside the football building that is named for him.

Their hockey program is under investigation.

This is par for the course. It's all about "The Team"

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:02 pm

Well, it's not like he's 24-0 with a national championship or two under his belt either.

Garry Moeller was fired for less.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:23 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:02 pm
Well, it's not like he's 24-0 with a national championship or two under his belt either.

Garry Moeller was fired for less.
It's even money he'll have another meltdown soon. This is a guy who has 7 kids with 5 different women. It's not like he learns by his mistakes.

thekman

Post by thekman » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:41 pm

I don’t know much, or frankly care that much about college basketball. But as a casual fan, I’ve got to say this sounds like the perfect excuse/reason to fire Juwan and bring back John Beilein. He’s a way better coach, let this be the impetus to bring him back.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:27 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:01 pm

He falls short.
Summed up perfectly somehow.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic