Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

J-Herp has Michigan basketball on fire!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: J-Herp has Michigan basketball on fire!

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:28 pm

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/status ... oBqkJXIjAg

Juwan said "I will remember this shit" and Gard put his hand on Juwan. Faulds steps in to separate the two, and it looks like the Wisconsin assistants keep after it. Juwan still shouldn't have slapped the bitch, but this gives a pretty clear indication of what happened.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:14 pm

How anyone can anyone defend Howard and demonize Matt Stafford? Wow.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:09 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:28 pm

Juwan said "I will remember this shit" and Gard put his hand on Juwan. Faulds steps in to separate the two, and it looks like the Wisconsin assistants keep after it. Juwan still shouldn't have slapped the bitch, but this gives a pretty clear indication of what happened.
Nobody but other Michigan slappies see what you see, Matt. Rational people can see what an awful look it is to see the HEAD COACH, the supposed leader of the young men, losing his temper and assaulting another individual. Not that it would ever be excusable, but if it was an isolated incident, I guess you can write it off as a horrible mistake. But he literally threatened to kill another BT coach less than a year ago. He's a thug and a disgrace to all of college athletics. Everybody outside of Ann Arbor sees what he is. You and all UM alumni should be ashamed he represents your university.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:47 am

You represent Michigan not Southern Illinois or Ball State. It’s completely unacceptable as a Michigan supporter. And yes, Izzo has his own demons. I don’t care about that right now.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:11 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:09 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:28 pm

Nobody but other Michigan slappies see what you see, Matt. Rational people can see what an awful look it is to see the HEAD COACH, the supposed leader of the young men, losing his temper and assaulting another individual. Not that it would ever be excusable, but if it was an isolated incident, I guess you can write it off as a horrible mistake. But he literally threatened to kill another BT coach less than a year ago. He's a thug and a disgrace to all of college athletics. Everybody outside of Ann Arbor sees what he is. You and all UM alumni should be ashamed he represents your university.
What I described is what happened on the video I shared. I do wish that Juwan had not made physical contact, and a suspension is in order. Again, he was SUPPORTING his players. It's not like he was being physically aggressive TOWARDS one of his own players. I really don't care what an MSU fan has to say on the matter.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:57 am

Spin, spin, spin. The #1 priority is damage control not leadership. No longer any thought to the idea that UM is some sort of premier university that insists on staff behavior over and above your 'average' run-of-the-mill school. Apparently, years of revelations about sexual abuse of students by the faculty and staff have made PR and control of the message more important than any quaint, obsolete notion that UM is among 'the leaders and best.' It has completely given up on that idea.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:11 am

It looked to me like Howard grabbed somebody by the shirt before he threw the punch. I did not see the Wisconsin folks do much of anything.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:15 am

Howard's explanation (or lack thereof) in the post game presser was profoundly disappointing.

I hope Warde Manuel doles out a significant punishment.

Gard was well within his rights to call those timeouts, by the way. He had the end of his bench on the court at the time, and Michigan was playing full court D.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:22 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:15 am
Howard's explanation (or lack thereof) in the post game presser was profoundly disappointing.

Gard was well within his rights to call those timeouts, by the way. He had the end of his bench on the court at the time, and Michigan was playing full court D.
He needs to be canned. Maybe some day this school will put a rule in place about not hiring Michigan Men. I realize Beilein wasn’t… it’s just that hiring them seems to end badly. The football program is far more compromised on this.

I think the Wisconsin coach was trying to talk to him about what happened and tried to stop Howard and he lost it. That looks like the initial contact. But to go from zero to thug that fast is absolutely unacceptable no matter how much Matt contorts while excusing it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:31 am

It's not everyday a university president needs to make an apology phone call to his or her counterpart at another school because the head basketball coach got into a physical altercation.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:47 am

Honestly, Michigan is sadly becoming a joke. The handling of the sex abuse stuff and this behavior. I looked at Michigan as the gold standard for class and sportsmanship growing up. Turns out they are just like everyone else. I am still a fan, but I feel for the alumni who are embarrassed of the recent actions and lack of actions.

Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:02 am

Clearly whatever plan they had for him to learn how control his on-court temper after his outburst vs. Maryland last March has failed.

Passion for your team and players is good, but that can't happen.

He shouldn't be allowed back on the court until he can somehow prove these kinds of outbursts will never happen again. If they can't figure it out ... then he needs to be fired. The whole "I'm from Chicago and I fight when I'm challenged" can't be a thing for one second longer.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:25 am

Robert Faygo wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:02 am
Clearly whatever plan they had for him to learn how control his on-court temper after his outburst vs. Maryland last March has failed.

He shouldn't be allowed back on the court until he can somehow prove these kinds of outbursts will never happen again. If they can't figure it out ... then he needs to be fired. The whole "I'm from Chicago and I fight when I'm challenged" can't be a thing for one second longer.
If he was that upset, it might have been better to take his team to the locker room without shaking hands. I get anger, but you have to cut your losses(sometimes literally).

Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:49 am

Robert Faygo wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:02 am

I am not a lawyer, but I can play one on mibuzzboard. I do know that UM is governed by the Board of Regents. From what I've read, there are eight members and several are attorneys, supposedly two are very capable personal injury attorneys. Correct me if I'm wrong here, Matt, MW, or others.

My point is they have a university employee who has shown two public episodes of violent behavior. The second episode was a physical assault. Clearly there is a pattern. He cannot control himself. The Board of Regents know that if a third episode occurs, and God forbid there is a serious injury, there will be litigation and the university would certainly be liable.

Seems to me there is just cause that he be terminated.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:01 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:15 am

You got that right! If you look at the video, Howard is pushing towards the other coach and that coach puts his hand up to stop the advance. Howard was clearly the aggressor even before he took the swing. He should be punished.

For him to say he did it only because "someone put a hand on him" is ridiculous.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic