Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Go Blue!!!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
kager

Re: Go Blue!!!

Post by kager » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:36 am

I wish UM the best, would be nice to see an MI team in the Rose Bowl this year (if that's still a possibility).

I guess all the Harbaugh-Haters in the room are back in the closet for now, eh?

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:39 am

I could make an argument that an Alabama/Georgia rematch is not at all appealing - would the committee want that potential for the NC game? I wouldn't have an issue with ND over Georgia, but that doesn't seem likely. I have no doubt that Michigan SHOULD be #1, but I do think they'll match up Michigan and Georgia, so whether it is 2-3 or 1-4 isn't particularly relevant.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:57 am

Are there any rules that explicitly prohibit the committee from taking match-ups into consideration in their seeding?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:01 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:57 am
Are there any rules that explicitly prohibit the committee from taking match-ups into consideration in their seeding?
Only unwritten ones.

The censorship king from out of state.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:06 am

Idk if I'm ready to see UM as a 1 seed. That is a lot of Goddamn pressure. That means they're ripe for the takedown and anything will be seen as an upset. I'm not usually one to cry conspiracy or JOBBED!, but we all know the committee wants an SEC darling in the championship game.

I'm happy with Michigan at 2. Gives them wiggle room. Either way, we play the 3 or the 4. Can't complain about being top 2!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:09 am

Also, am I the only one noticing the 2nd half explosions? The defense steps up in the first half, holding opponents to 10 points or less usually, then there is an offensive explosion in the 2nd half. 14-3 at the half, winning 42-3. The 2nd half of the OSU game was amazing, too. Considering Iowa is the #1 defensive turnover team, this is no small feat.

-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:10 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:06 am
Idk if I'm ready to see UM as a 1 seed. That is a lot of Goddamn pressure. That means they're ripe for the takedown and anything will be seen as an upset. I'm not usually one to cry conspiracy or JOBBED!, but we all know the committee wants an SEC darling in the championship game.

I'm happy with Michigan at 2. Gives them wiggle room. Either way, we play the 3 or the 4. Can't complain about being top 2!
Not sure what you point is.

The rankings will be either:

UM
Bama
Cincy
Georgia

OR

Bama
UM
Georgia
Cincy

UM will play Georgia in the semis either way.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:13 am

Look, we all know folks like Mike Valenti are always kvetching about Michigan being the national favorite and all that, but last night listening to "The Harrison Experience" on CBS sports radio, he was picking Michigan to get bumped out EVEN IF THEY WON. So, no, I don't think Michigan football is some lovefest in the national media. Around here, I could give it to you. But when they're pushing Michigan out even if they won, that's just flat out stupid.

-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:14 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:10 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:06 am

Not sure what you point is.

The rankings will be either:

UM
Bama
Cincy
Georgia

OR

Bama
UM
Georgia
Cincy

UM will play Georgia in the semis either way.
I guess it's just nerves. Been through a LOT of bullshit over the years. Maybe I just don't believe this is really happening 😂

-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:49 pm

Bama will face Cincinnati (1 vs. 4).

Michigan will face Georgia (2 vs. 3).

It's official.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:06 pm

I never thought Michigan would beat OSU.
Now I think they can beat any of the other 3. Not a prediction they will win it all, just that I have a level of confidence/excitement/hope I didn't have a week ago yesterday going in to the game.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:30 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:06 pm
I never thought Michigan would beat OSU.
Now I think they can beat any of the other 3. Not a prediction they will win it all, just that I have a level of confidence/excitement/hope I didn't have a week ago yesterday going in to the game.
I have confidence, but I still reserve the right to be nervous. Whatever happens now, this was still a season to remember. Beating OSU handily and then coming out to torch Iowa to win the conference was something I don't think any of us saw happening. Even making the playoff seemed unreal. I will cheer all along the way, but for once I'll be bummed, not pissed off, if they don't go all the way.

-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:54 pm

Game times for the Dec. 31 semifinals are set.

Alabama-Cincinnati at 3:30 ET
Michigan-Georgia at 7:30 ET

Georgia opens -7, Bama -13 1/2

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:55 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:54 pm
Game times for the Dec. 31 semifinals are set.

Alabama-Cincinnati at 3:30 ET
Michigan-Georgia at 7:30 ET

Georgia opens -7, Bama -13 1/2
Any spreads on MSU Pitt yet? My wife is a big Spartan fan.

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:15 pm

Considering what those lines are, I guess the seeding is far. Alabama wouldn't be favored by that much over either Georgia or Michigan, so Bama 1 and Cincinnati 4 seems right. Sucks Michigan is playing a lower seed but still the underdog, but that just means that Michigan is #3 in the eyes of Vegas so they actually got a higher seed than Vegas thinks they should.

As an unbiased bystander who as I noted before could care less how Michigan (or MSU) does (though I will now be rooting for Michigan), I do think that Alabama and Georgia are objectively the best 2 teams in the country. And if you don't believe that, then Michigan +7 should be a very tempting betting line for you to take.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic