Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ohio State's Recruiting Success

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Bobbert

Ohio State's Recruiting Success

Post by Bobbert » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:04 am

Has anyone in the local media ever taken an in-depth look at why Ohio State football recruits so much better than the rest of the Big 10? I can understand the appeal of a successful coach like Urban Meyer, but it has continued under Ryan Day, a first time head coach. It's tempting to say that a lot of incentives have been offered from different sources, especially with the recent adoption of NIL. But if it's all legitimate, I'd just like to see that confirmed.

craig11152

Re: Ohio State's Recruiting Success

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:05 am

Maybe it's as simple as success becomes self fulfilling. Sort of like the easiest way to make money is to have money.
Great players are attracted to successful programs.
I'm not saying there isn't any cheating going on but I wonder how long a program can cheat and never get caught. That's a lot of players over the years keeping their mouths shut. It ain't like the Mafia.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic