Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Belly Of The Beast

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Bryce

Belly Of The Beast

Post by Bryce » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:04 am

Earlier in the year, without consulting the college football schedule, I accepted a job in Columbus, OH this weekend, Friday through Monday. With Michigan plates, what are the odds I'll make it out of town without getting a ticket?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

moldyoldie

Re: Belly Of The Beast

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:14 am

It might depend on who wins. :mrgreen:

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:50 pm

I've been thru Columbus several times the weekend of the game, no issues other than a little horn honking. The worse weekend was after unranked MSU upset #1 OSU in Columbus.

I used to go down the watch the game with my uncle in Zanesville. That was during the John Cooper era when Blue usually won. Some the game predictions by the local media were crazy, usually 30-40 point spreads (like the games end now).

One year my truck was parked in front of my parents house, was in a hit and run, the night before the game. Just dented my bumper, but was lots the other car in the front yard. The local cop, seeing the Michigan logo on my back window, said "he hates when the rivalry gets this far out of hand".

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:25 pm

Just checked the halftime score
Looks like I stand a pretty good chance of getting out of Columbus without a ticket. The people I saw in the Marriott lobby all decked out in MSU gear complete with green tinted hair this morning are going to have a long drive home.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic