Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I've gotta say it...

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

I've gotta say it...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:51 am

I have a feeling the Pistons screwed up by selecting Cunningham over Evan Mobley.

Hindsight is 20-20. I won't criticize the Pistons front office for selecting Cunningham, because a preponderance of basketball analysts said Cunningham was the best guy on the draft board. I agreed and viewed Mobley as the second best choice.

That said, I think it is abundantly clear based on his performance to date that Mobley has high potential to be become an all-star if not a superstar very quickly.

Cunningham's upside potential is much more murky. Not yet sold he will become anything more than simply a decent player. He looks undisciplined on the floor at times. I think Dwayne Casey's reputation as being a good developer of young / rookie players is fraudulent.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

craig11152

Re: I've gotta say it...

Post by craig11152 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:41 am

I saw one analysis of rookies based on statistics having Cade ranked 8th as of yesterday. The rankings in this case are updated daily.
"NBA Rookie Rankings 2021-22 | Hashtag Basketball" https://hashtagbasketball.com/nba-rookie-rankings

I no longer directly engage trolls

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:14 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:41 am
I saw one analysis of rookies based on statistics having Cade ranked 8th as of yesterday. The rankings in this case are updated daily.
"NBA Rookie Rankings 2021-22 | Hashtag Basketball" https://hashtagbasketball.com/nba-rookie-rankings
I see the #2 overall pick Jalen Green is ranked 10th. It's still waaay too early to draw conclusions. Cunningham is just a 20-year old kid with a healing ankle sprain being asked to be a floor general of a young team in a grown man's league. It's his turnovers that should be most concerning at this point. From what I saw the other night, Mobley, as a big man, is handling the ball much less and getting shots created for him.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:23 am

The Pistons have played 12 games, and Cade hasn't played in all of them. It seems premature to make any conclusions.

I'll leave this here: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/ ... 613408002/

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:43 pm

The healing ankle is what concerns me.
Going from 30 games at 40 minutes each to 82 games at 48 minutes each is a big jump. I hate to somebody start that on a bum ankle.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:01 am

Decent game for Cunningham last night, but Dwane Casey is a terrible coach. Toronto's front office was smart to fire his underachieving ass. Embarrassing performance for the team as a whole...yet again.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic