Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Seriously, Sparty?

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
lidoshuffle

Seriously, Sparty?

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:16 pm

You play the game of your life, beat Michigan, then sh*t the bed against Purdue, although a good team, you should have beat. So again, beat Michigan and the rest of the season doesn't matter, Sparty logic again huh? Yea let's hear the bragging, sh*t talking now....what a disappointing effort...

craig11152

Re: Seriously, Sparty?

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:20 pm

Not a good game.
I'm not a Spartan fan but if they win out and Georgia wins out giving Alabama 2 losses MSU is still in the mix.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:25 pm

Let's keep in mind that the officials handed the game to sparty last week.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:30 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:25 pm
Let's keep in mind that the officials handed the game to sparty last week.
I'd say that interception handed the game to Sparty. Until that we had a pretty good chance.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:39 pm

You guys, sans craig, are fools. For one, it was hardly the "game of our life" as we are used to beating Michigan since we have 10 out of the past 14. Secondly, it was a classic letdown game. And Purdue was only a 2 1/2 point dog, so it's not like we were Minnesota losing to Illinois at home.

Had a bunch of injuries, starting LT out, Nailor, even our kicker got hurt in practice. Some bad calls too...but Spartans aren't like Wolvies, we don't blame the refs. A Purdue no-name QB threw for almost 600, so we have to wear that loss. We played very poorly, especially on defense. And Purdue is a very good team, the best in the BTW and the earned that win.

And nothing really changed honestly. We have to beat OSU to get to the playoff. We probably won't, but if we finish 10-2 and go to the Rose Bowl? For a team everybody picked to finish last in the division? Beat our arch rival yet again?!? Sorry, but I'm not down on my boys even though that was a stinker. The program is in great shape for the future. MSU actually has a coach everybody in the NCAA wants, as opposed to Michigan, who is stuck with the loser Harbaugh.

GO GREEN!

The censorship king from out of state.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:49 am

Purdue plays spoiler always beating top 10 teams it is been 17 wins VS top 10 teams and beat Iowa a few weeks ago Iowa is overrated. I felt the knee was down and enough to overturn the fumble and then the catch as both players had the ball going to the ground which the rules state that the ball goes to the offense. MSU D couldn't stop Bell or the QB today and was picked apart all day long.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:01 am

It doesn't matter. We all know who is gonna get the nod in the B1G. Unless MSU pulls one over on OSU, that is.

And lido, yes, MSU does live to beat Michigan. I stated before, they could go 1-11, as long as that W is against Michigan. And Michigan won't let that sink in. Even a 16 point lead wasn't enough. So until Michigan starts taking that game more seriously, and Harbaugh stops with his pouty, 3 word answer, defensive attitude about it, this will continue. It's been a long, long, long, LONG time since I've been confident that Michigan can hang with OSU (even in 2016 when they had the lead for a moment), I guess when you don't have any expectations, you can't get let down.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:02 am

MasterB wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:49 am
Purdue plays spoiler always beating top 10 teams it is been 17 wins VS top 10 teams and beat Iowa a few weeks ago Iowa is overrated. I felt the knee was down and enough to overturn the fumble and then the catch as both players had the ball going to the ground which the rules state that the ball goes to the offense. MSU D couldn't stop Bell or the QB today and was picked apart all day long.
Purdue SPOILERmakers, amirite? Lol

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:13 am

MSU holds the tiebreaker over the Wolverines thanks to Michigan's choke job.

My god - I'm actually gonna have to root for the Buckeyes when they play Sparty!

P.S...had U-M / MSU gone to OT (i.e. had the first half TD not been overturned), U-M probably would've choked and lost that game in any event.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic