Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Pistons 2021/22

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Mega Hertz

Re: Detroit Pistons 2021/22

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:02 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:34 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:00 am
Hey! This thread has more posts than the Pistons have wins!
This was the 11th post here and the statement could still be true when the season ends.
I'll be shocked if they get to 20 wins. Really. Or, knowing them, they'll get hot in March and blow a good lottery position.

As an aside, I feel bad for Mark Champion. Years as a Lions PBP, and then Pistons PBP. I'm finding his last name ironic considering what teams he has worked for.

It's been said, but it has been a rough time to be a sports fan around here. Thank God that Michigan is showing some might. MSU fans had a couple decent teams in basketball and football, but not always.

Tigers blow. Lions blow. Pistons blow. And not just blow...these are record breaking terrible teams. The Wings have been flirting with mediocrity, but the last few years have been unreal. My whole life there has been at least one team in contention. Tigers and Pistons in the 80s. Red Wings in the 90s. Wings, Tigers and Pistons at various points in the 00s/early 10s. Even the Lions looked good in 2015.

Maybe it's time to take up another hobby. Like underwater basket weaving. More entertaining than these "teams" 😂

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:58 pm

LMAO! Down by 20 to pitiful Houston.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:06 am

Who wants some action on how long this streak goes? I'm gonna call 21 games. They ain't beating Milwaukee. Idk how it's looking for the Knicks with their protocol right now. This is worse than the Don Chaney years.

-TurkeyTop

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:14 am

Once again, the Pistons get off the schneid winning a sub-100 game. That's the ticket, boys -- DEE-FENSE! Cunningham scores only four, but dishes out ten assists.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:11 am

Very nice win in OT last night. A bunch of guys on 10 day contracts + reserves played better team basketball than what I've witnessed in most other games this season!

Great to see Derrick Walton Jr. out there, and more importantly, make a great assist on Saddiq Bey's sick game winning triple. 😃

Hamidou Diallo (sp?) had a sensational game. Third great game from him in a row, and his defense in the last two of those three has been terrific.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:43 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:11 am
Very nice win in OT last night. A bunch of guys on 10 day contracts + reserves played better team basketball than what I've witnessed in most other games this season!

Great to see Derrick Walton Jr. out there, and more importantly, make a great assist on Saddiq Bey's sick game winning triple. 😃

Hamidou Diallo (sp?) had a sensational game. Third great game from him in a row, and his defense in the last two of those three has been terrific.
"Sick triple" is right! :D It's great watching some hungry G-League players out there getting their shot...no pun intended.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:55 pm

Diallo needs to be in a Pistons uniform until further notice. If he gets sent back to the Motor City Cruise in the days ahead, the person(s) responsible for that decision should be fired on the spot.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:32 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:55 pm
Diallo needs to be in a Pistons uniform until further notice. If he gets sent back to the Motor City Cruise in the days ahead, the person(s) responsible for that decision should be fired on the spot.
I believe Hamidou Diallo has been on the roster since Day 1, he's just been getting starting minutes lately. There's another Diallo, Cheick Diallo, who was brought up from the Cruise on a 10-day contract and is no relation.

- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:28 pm

You are correct, sir! :)

Goes to show how little Pistons action I've watched this season! LOL

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:43 am

Saddiq Bey goes toe-to-toe with the Greek Freak and comes out on top! :D After these last couple games, it's safe to say Bey's sophomore slump is officially concluded. We can trade Jeremi Grant if that be the plan.

- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:47 pm

Agreed on all points. I was truly stunned by that big win in Milwaukee. Saddiq is humming on all cylinders right now.

The Bucks were getting flustered in the second half. I cannot believe how many airballs I saw from their guys! One missed the rim by at least a couple feet to the wide right.

Was really impressed by how the Pistons scrambled for loose balls on both ends, the rhythm they displayed in the half court, and by how cleanly they played (few fouls or turnovers).

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:06 pm

Mega Hertz said two or so weeks ago wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:06 am
They ain't beating Milwaukee.
When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. And I will gladly admit it. I was wrong.

-TurkeyTop

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:24 am

These last couple games are putting the lie to what we hopefully thought was a sudden change of fortune for the Pistons. Gawd! :rolleyes

- Sydney J. Harris

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:29 pm

Jesus. The Orlando Magic should be ashamed of themselves. Pistons have won something like 20 games and 2 of those wins are against the Magic. Pistons 2-0 in the series this season 😂

-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:11 pm

20 games? I think you hit the wrong keyboard key. Try 10 games, if we are using round numbers. 😉.

Actual win total season to date...8 friggin' games.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic