Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

HERE WE GO!!!!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: HERE WE GO!!!!

Post by Honeyman » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:57 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:54 pm
Why didn't Fox mention Cade was being evaluated on the second McCarthy fumble?
Dunno, but a point we'll taken. Clearly Gus Johnson is the reason Michigan lost.

The censorship king from out of state.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:02 pm

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:15 pm

Even TMZ is in on it… what ever will we do?
bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:29 pm
[quote="Rate This" post_id=682777 time=<a href="tel:1635634901">1635634901</a> user_id=15214]
...if people get disgusted enough and stop spending money that’ll be a problem for them...
The current behavior of Detroit Lions fans even after 70 years of suck is proof that this will never happen.
[/quote]
Point taken, was pondering this as I posted.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:39 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:01 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:08 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:58 pm
Harbaugh as Michigan head coach is now 2 - 13 against top 10 ranked opponents.
He’s got a choking issue when it comes to these big games… when is that a problem for the University keeping him?
Maybe when they stop turning a profit with 100,000 plus fans at home games?
McDonald's doesn't need to sell great hamburgers to be a successful business.
As long as we call college football a business then isn't turning a profit what matters?
I'm no fan of Harbaugh and would like him gone but I'm tossing out a possible answer to your question.
You’re probably right but if people get disgusted enough and stop spending money that’ll be a problem for them. Really the idea of charging for education like they do and making money off athletics and making universities a business in general is immoral. Ideally they should be nearly like religious entities purport to be… near charities spreading knowledge as a public service and incidentally playing games as something fun. Instead they hold knowledge hostage at prices most people will be forever indebted to and the games are life or death.
The thing to remember about the money is only football and men's basketball operate in the black but they make enough to subsidize all the other sports. So the profit they show funds the field hockey team, soccer team, tennis teams...... So athletics as a whole pretty much breaks even year to year.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:57 am

I thought it was a fumble couldn't believe that was overturned that should've been a Michigan touchdown I thought there wasn't enough proof to overturn the ruling on the field just my opinion. It was the Walker show the Michigan D couldn't stop him all day he's going to NYC for Heisman in Dec I doubt that he'll win it I'll eat crow if Walker does win the Heisman.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:11 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:39 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:01 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:08 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:58 pm
Harbaugh as Michigan head coach is now 2 - 13 against top 10 ranked opponents.
He’s got a choking issue when it comes to these big games… when is that a problem for the University keeping him?
Maybe when they stop turning a profit with 100,000 plus fans at home games?
McDonald's doesn't need to sell great hamburgers to be a successful business.
As long as we call college football a business then isn't turning a profit what matters?
I'm no fan of Harbaugh and would like him gone but I'm tossing out a possible answer to your question.
You’re probably right but if people get disgusted enough and stop spending money that’ll be a problem for them. Really the idea of charging for education like they do and making money off athletics and making universities a business in general is immoral. Ideally they should be nearly like religious entities purport to be… near charities spreading knowledge as a public service and incidentally playing games as something fun. Instead they hold knowledge hostage at prices most people will be forever indebted to and the games are life or death.
The thing to remember about the money is only football and men's basketball operate in the black but they make enough to subsidize all the other sports. So the profit they show funds the field hockey team, soccer team, tennis teams...... So athletics as a whole pretty much breaks even year to year.
The self funding may be a silver lining such as it is.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:32 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:15 pm
As someone who had no interest whatsoever in who actually won this game - my opinion having watched most of it is that Michigan made more critical mistakes than MSU did.
One big mistake that no one is mentioning is Blake Corum's dropped pass in the first half.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:36 am

Four minutes of awkward tension:

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:23 am

ESPN nails it:

"In fairness to Harbaugh, we were all confused when Michigan appeared to have a real QB leading the offense Saturday. To suggest Michigan could win with its QB under Harbaugh makes no sense historically. It would be like saying the gross domestic product of Mars is purple. The words don't add up. And yet, Cade McNamara was terrific, throwing for 383 yards and two TDs and zipping one beautiful ball after another downfield. So of course Harbaugh assumed he needed to sub in his backup, J.J. McCarthy, for a few snaps in hopes of gaining an edge he didn't need."

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:34 am

I didn't come here to gloat; it's simply not my style. ( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:) I will say the game certainly lived up to the hype and will be remembered for years, at least by a certain faction. ( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:)

I will concede, however, that I thought the ball was loose before his shin hit the ground and couldn't believe the call was overturned after review. A major break for Sparty! But as a few of the participants say here ad nauseam, a winner must overcome the officiating, whether good or bad.

I'm so proud of our boys! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:26 am

Here we go with more excuses. Face it...you got beat.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:21 pm

Matt wrote:
The college football coverage on Fox is more about crowd reactions and fluff than it is about coverage of the things that matter in a game. That's universal no matter which teams are playing.

Their sideline reporter gets to comment on things what, 4 or 5 times a game, max? Pathetic for those that watch the games more than just casually.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:38 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:21 pm
Matt wrote:
The college football coverage on Fox is more about crowd reactions and fluff than it is about coverage of the things that matter in a game. That's universal no matter which teams are playing.

Their sideline reporter gets to comment on things what, 4 or 5 times a game, max? Pathetic for those that watch the games more than just casually.
There was no word on Nailor either until he showed up on the sidelines with a hard cast on.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:44 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:03 pm
I can't do it. I just don't have the heart for it. As much as I want to see blue pull it off and walk away with the W, I just know MSU is gonna pull this one out, even if by a small margin. MSU lives to mock UM and win that one game every year. MSU is better than we thought; UM still has a couple question marks.

As much as it pains me to say it - I'm giving it to green, 28-24.

Nonetheless, GO BLUE!
So I was off with the final, but the point still stands. It was a 4 point game.
I can't comment on any particular play or call as I didn't watch. My girlfriend came down and said "State won" and I deadpanned a "oh, total shocker" and went back to what I was doing.

I do get tired of being right, BTW.

I just can't anymore. I have enough stressors in my day to day life. I'm not gonna waste my time when I know how the game ends. I've said it before: MSU could have 3 corpses in wheelchairs and Michigan would still find a way to lose. They could go 1-11, so long as that win is against Michigan. And Michigan has no one to blame but themselves. After 7 or 8 years, you know what's coming with Hokebaugh.

I also called they would have 4 losses: Wisconsin (I was wrong), MSU, PSU and OSU. Looks like it's another typical year for blue. I've already cut out the Lions games, may as well cut out the Wolverine games, too. It's like any other toxic relationship. Why keep going back to that other person if all you get is smacked around and lied to? Perhaps I could take a nap on Saturday afternoons...

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:35 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:44 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:03 pm
I can't do it. I just don't have the heart for it. As much as I want to see blue pull it off and walk away with the W, I just know MSU is gonna pull this one out, even if by a small margin. MSU lives to mock UM and win that one game every year. MSU is better than we thought; UM still has a couple question marks.

As much as it pains me to say it - I'm giving it to green, 28-24.

Nonetheless, GO BLUE!
So I was off with the final, but the point still stands. It was a 4 point game.
I can't comment on any particular play or call as I didn't watch. My girlfriend came down and said "State won" and I deadpanned a "oh, total shocker" and went back to what I was doing.

I do get tired of being right, BTW.

I just can't anymore. I have enough stressors in my day to day life. I'm not gonna waste my time when I know how the game ends. I've said it before: MSU could have 3 corpses in wheelchairs and Michigan would still find a way to lose. They could go 1-11, so long as that win is against Michigan. And Michigan has no one to blame but themselves. After 7 or 8 years, you know what's coming with Hokebaugh.

I also called they would have 4 losses: Wisconsin (I was wrong), MSU, PSU and OSU. Looks like it's another typical year for blue. I've already cut out the Lions games, may as well cut out the Wolverine games, too. It's like any other toxic relationship. Why keep going back to that other person if all you get is smacked around and lied to? Perhaps I could take a nap on Saturday afternoons...
As a State fan, I remember when we would be lucky to have only four losses in a season.

I can't imagine being a Michigan fan where anything less than undefeated is a woesome failure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic