Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Lions are going to have a horrible season...

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

The Lions are going to have a horrible season...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:16 am

...and that should come as a surprise to no one.

When the Lions finish with a 5-12 record this season (or worse - yes, there are 17 regular season contests this year), just remember the rejoicing dopey columnists such as Bob Wojnowski expressed when the Lions hired that dolt, Dan Campbell, as their new head coach, hired a friggin' broadcast analyst and ex-Lion (Chris Spielman) as special consultant, and hired a new GM who was so low in the Rams' organization that he basically received a quadruple promotion when joining the Lions.

The lap dogs in the local media - and some in the national media - were licking Chris Spielman's ass when he was hired. Wanna know why? Because he's their buddy. The lack of objectivity with regard to the reporting of his hire was astonishing.

All that occurred last off-season was replacing one shit pile with a fresh shit pile.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

bmw

Re: The Lions are going to have a horrible season...

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:22 am

This isn't exactly a revelation. Las Vegas has had the Lions pegged as the worst team in the NFC for the upcoming season for some time now.

btw - I'm not completely ready to take a massive dump on the Spielman hire just yet.

That said, your past statement that the Lions organization is "an act in futility" probably holds as long as there is Ford ownership.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:30 am

I don't know if it was intentional, but Campbell had poor clock management at the end of the game last night. Why didn't he run down the clock before kicking the go-ahead field goal? I do hope this faux pas was intentional, or at least not a consideration seeing that it was a pre-season game; i.e., seeing how his defense can respond in such a situation.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:34 am

The Bills must not be Super Bowl contenders following MW's logic since they only won by 1. Didn't the 0-16 Liedowns go 4-0 in the preseason?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:37 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:34 am
The Bills must not be Super Bowl contenders following MW's logic since they only won by 1. Didn't the 0-16 Liedowns go 4-0 in the preseason?
They did indeed. :hat

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:11 pm

I was not all impressed by the Lions offense when the starters were in.

Moldy raises a great point. Was Campbell merely testing his team's defensive mettle? Probably.

I do think the Bills won't win as many games this season. They overachieved somewhat last year. I realize the oddsmakers profoundly disagree with me on that point.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:54 pm

And the sky is blue? How soon before that moron of a coach loses his shit? I give it to week 11. 3-14 anyone?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:41 am

This season will be bad for the Lions will win 5 games maybe 6 games I just want them to show some fight from this team is all I want to see this season. I'm giving the GM & coach a chance I like that coach Campbell isn't a coach speak guy and is entertaining at his pressers board cups were left empty for Brad Holmes which the Falcons were also interested in him as well.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:56 am

Well, we won't have Don Muhlbach to kick around any more.

- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:44 pm

Sure look sharp tonight.

0-17.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:32 am

Going to be a comedy show every Sunday. I can't wait. And it's mostly free! LOL.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:56 am

When the Lions put up another stinker of a season, just remember how so many of the dopey sports writers in this town were drinking the Kool-Aid when Spielman was hired as a special advisor and when the new GM and head coach were hired.

Dearborn native Robert Saleh - who would've been a FAR superior hire as head coach - wanted nothing to do with this dumpster fire. Smart man!

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:14 am

Some of the open field tackling against Pittsburgh was downright atrocious! >: I'm singling out safety C.J. Moore and linebacker Jalani Tavai. When the Lions drafted the latter I immediately went to YouTube to look at his game tape highlights. It was painfully obvious that he was slower than molasses and I was hoping the Lions braintrust saw something that would be a "scheme fit". I read he was likened to former Lions draftee Kyle Van Noy who went on to success with the Patriots. I also read that Bill Belichick was enamored with Tavai and it's why Quinntricia grabbed him in the second round. Well, talk about a second round bust! Shades of Jordan Dizon. :evil: Meanwhile, rookie fourth-rounder Derrick Barnes is cementing a spot on the linebacker corps.

I did like how we came back in the second half behind QB David Blough who I've liked since first seeing him in the pre-season as a Cleveland Brown.

- Sydney J. Harris

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:03 pm

Moldyoldy is correct. We went 4-0 in the the pre-season that year, to have a 'perfect record' 0-16 in the regular season. This year, if we go 0-3 in the pre-season, we should go 17-0 in the regular season.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:26 pm

Anyone see the cringey spot from Dan Miller on Fox 2? So hilarious.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic