Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lets Hear It For One Of Us Impressive Guys!!!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Bryce

Lets Hear It For One Of Us Impressive Guys!!!

Post by Bryce » Sun May 23, 2021 9:36 pm

Phil Mickelson wins PGA Championship, becomes oldest golfer to claim major.
Mickelson finished at 6-under 282

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/phil-mic ... laim-major

I haven't watched golf on TV in some time. I made sure to watch this on Sunday. It was great to see history made by someone who is semi impressive.
(somewhat of an inside joke about the impressive thing)

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Re: Lets Hear It For One Of Us Impressive Guys!!!

Post by Rate This » Tue May 25, 2021 11:14 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:36 pm

I haven't watched golf on TV in some time. I made sure to watch this on Sunday. It was great to see history made by someone who is semi impressive.
Is making it to 50 impressive these days?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 25, 2021 1:03 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 11:14 am
Bryce wrote:

Kids today.........

Winning a golf major and beating guys half you age sure is. On 16, he hit the longest drive of the day. I sure think that's pretty damn impressive.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 25, 2021 2:54 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:03 pm
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Kids today.........

Winning a golf major and beating guys half you age sure is. On 16, he hit the longest drive of the day. I sure think that's pretty damn impressive.
That was a reference to the thread title. I get why mickelson is impressive. Not why Bryce is inserting himself into his company. I’m starting at the milestone of making it to 50 and going from there.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 25, 2021 3:34 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:54 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Kids today.........

That was a reference to the thread title. I get why mickelson is impressive. Not why Bryce is inserting himself into his company. I’m starting at the milestone of making it to 50 and going from there.
You must have missed the "impressive" thread, it was quite a while ago. Forgot what started it, but either TT or Bryce decided to change the term "senior citizen" to "impressive". All us old guys....er....impressive men.... got behind it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 25, 2021 6:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:34 pm
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Kids today.........

You must have missed the "impressive" thread, it was quite a while ago. Forgot what started it, but either TT or Bryce decided to change the term "senior citizen" to "impressive". All us old guys....er....impressive men.... got behind it.
My memory vaguely remembers it… maybe I’m more impressive than I thought…

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 25, 2021 6:16 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:34 pm
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Kids today.........

:lol:

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 25, 2021 7:59 pm

Rate This wrote:

Cute comment, but sorry, you don't even qualify for somewhat impressive. Pay a few more dues, learn a bit more and be able to run five miles at 60 and then, someday....

Here was the deal for those of you that didn't see the original impressive thread.

It is my contention that just about every sub set out there gets to dictate what they are called to make them happy. Stewardesses demand to be Flight Attendants. Homosexuals got themselves called Gay. Midgets must be referred to as Little People and the list goes on and on.

Well, kids, my group of 60 plus guys are sick and tired to being referred to as "that older guy over there" or "older gentleman" Old guy, old fart, etc. etc. etc. Being as every other sub set gets to dictate what they are called. so do we.

From now on, over 60 guys will be referred to as "impressive." If you are 50 to 59, you're somewhat impressive.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 26, 2021 4:39 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:59 pm
Rate This wrote:

Cute comment, but sorry, you don't even qualify for somewhat impressive. Pay a few more dues, learn a bit more and be able to run five miles at 60 and then, someday....

Here was the deal for those of you that didn't see the original impressive thread.

It is my contention that just about every sub set out there gets to dictate what they are called to make them happy. Stewardesses demand to be Flight Attendants. Homosexuals got themselves called Gay. Midgets must be referred to as Little People and the list goes on and on.

Well, kids, my group of 60 plus guys are sick and tired to being referred to as "that older guy over there" or "older gentleman" Old guy, old fart, etc. etc. etc. Being as every other sub set gets to dictate what they are called. so do we.

From now on, over 60 guys will be referred to as "impressive." If you are 50 to 59, you're somewhat impressive.
I’ll take extraordinary. Thanks for the correction.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed May 26, 2021 9:19 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:39 am

Sorry. Extraordinary is reserved for those with savant syndrome.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 26, 2021 11:41 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 9:19 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:39 am

Sorry. Extraordinary is reserved for those with savant syndrome.
Checkmate. This round goes to you my friend.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic