Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

2021 NFL Draft

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
paul8539

Re: 2021 NFL Draft

Post by paul8539 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:13 pm

The Lions need to draft a new owner.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu May 06, 2021 7:35 am

It appears the Lions think enough of their seventh-round draft choice RB Jermar Jefferson that they've chosen to waive Kerryon Johnson. :shock: Not a H*** shock here, but still a surprise in that Johnson, while not as able a runner following two knee injuries, still proved to be an adept pass blocker and receiver on third downs. I suppose the free agent signing of Jamaal Williams followed by the drafting of Jefferson forced a reassessment of the running back situation. I also think in light of this coaching staff's "pound the rock" rhetoric that the fullback position will be given a new priority.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 06, 2021 9:59 am

Jermar Jefferson has a winning attitude - to the point of arrogance. We'll see whether that's a plus or a minus for the team. As I noted earlier, he was a 4th round pick on most peoples' boards with no obvious reason why he didn't go earlier, hence, a value steal late in the 7th round.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:52 am

My post of April 29 so far is aging quite well.

I said back then Sewell was not a good pick at #7 overall. In fact, I said I hated the pick. He had a really crappy preseason.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:22 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:52 am
My post of April 29 so far is aging quite well.

I said back then Sewell was not a good pick at #7 overall. In fact, I said I hated the pick. He had a really crappy preseason.
He's also playing a new position at RT; there'll be a learning curve.

In related news, last year's starter at RT most of the season, Tyrell Crosby, was waived. This was something of a surprise, despite his injured hammy, and leads me to believe there was something behind the scenes that didn't sit well with the new regime.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic