Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bracketology

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Bracketology

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:48 pm

Iowa and OSU are out for me. Just Florida State and Houston left.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:02 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:48 pm
Iowa and OSU are out for me. Just Florida State and Houston left.
I had Illinois, Ohio State, and Iowa.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:52 am

So much for the "Little" Big Ten being THE conference. All hail the mighty Pac 12!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:46 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:40 pm
THANK GOODNESS the "old" Franz Wagner showed up for about the final ten minutes of the game!

Before Wagner started playing better, even Steve Lavin on the broadcast in the second half noted how lost he looked. At one point, he said something to the effect of "he's just standing there and contributing nothing; he needs to get more involved."

(Unrelated note - what a stupid move on the part of St. John's University to fire Mr. Lavin as their head coach about six years ago.)

That was Steve LAPPAS doing the broadcast....not Steve Lavin.

LSU has to be the stupidest team in the country. They really had control of the game and started throwing ridiculous passes and played with no discipline. I don't see FSU beating Michigan either, they are big but way too slow. As long as Bama doesn't go ice cold from the field, that's where Michigan's season ends. They are excellent defensively, well-coached, and can play in the half-court if they have too. I think that will be the one game the loss of Livers will really show itself.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:23 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:46 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
THANK GOODNESS the "old" Franz Wagner showed up for about the final ten minutes of the game!

Before Wagner started playing better, even Steve Lavin on the broadcast in the second half noted how lost he looked. At one point, he said something to the effect of "he's just standing there and contributing nothing; he needs to get more involved."

(Unrelated note - what a stupid move on the part of St. John's University to fire Mr. Lavin as their head coach about six years ago.)

LSU has to be the stupidest team in the country. They really had control of the game and started throwing ridiculous passes and played with no discipline. I don't see FSU beating Michigan either, they are big but way too slow. As long as Bama doesn't go ice cold from the field, that's where Michigan's season ends. They are excellent defensively, well-coached, and can play in the half-court if they have too. I think that will be the one game the loss of Livers will really show itself.
Alternatively, if Brown can carry forward his performance from last night and Wagner's second half becomes the norm, this team could be tough to beat.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:37 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:23 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:46 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

Alternatively, if Brown can carry forward his performance from last night and Wagner's second half becomes the norm, this team could be tough to beat.
Or they lose to Alabama. Unless we start to see consistency I’m not holding my breath on these guys.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:51 pm

Thanks for the info, Honeyman. My bad! :)

FSU looked great against Colorado last night. Will be a tough contest for Michigan.

Juwan Howard made some personnel and scheme adjustments that worked to Michigan's advantage. Michigan's shooting percentage in the second half was darn good. LSU had some good looks that didn't drop, and some of their key players started to tire.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:21 pm

Big win for the maize & blue!!!

FSU couldn't buy a shot in the second half. So many jump shots rattled out. Also saw multiple lay-ups roll off the rim.

Michigan played a very clean game. I think as a team they committed only 3 fouls the entire second half? Excellent stuff!

Ball distribution on the offensive end of the floor was rock solid for the Wolverines in the second half. They didn't play well in that regard in the last several minutes of the first half (*cough* Wagner *cough*). I'm sure Juwan Howard let them know about it in the locker room at the break. Wagner did play a very good game overall; I commend him for that. Johns stepped up big time yet again!

Wouldn't it be something if UCLA knocks off Bama? I think that game is winnable for UCLA.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:52 pm

UCLA wins in OT!!!

Said all along they were too good to have been a "first four" play-in team.

Alabama mounted a nice comeback in the 2H after trailing by about 10 at intermission, including a game tying three pointer as regulation time expired. UCLA dominated in OT, though.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:53 pm

Sure would be nice if Mike Smith could hit a damn free throw.

Would be even nicer if Michigan could stop giving Johnny Juzhang wide open shots. Someone is failing miserably at that defensive assignment. He is hitting everything.

Worst half of basketball by Michigan so far in this tournament. I am not feeling good at all about this game. On top of all the above, Michigan committed too many turnovers.

Not staying up late to watch the second half; I'll DVR it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:10 am

Go Gonzaga.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:28 am

Too bad, so sad. Listen, besides the turnovers and not hitting their shots, I can't understand how UM couldn't exploit their size down low. The UCLAns defense was extraordinary!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:31 am

Ja-Herp was completely out coached. Clearly, had the better team, and lost.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:16 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:31 am
Ja-Herp was completely out coached. Clearly, had the better team, and lost.
This is a bad take. This team was picked to finish SEVENTH in the conference and was one FT make by Mike Smith at the end of the half and one missed layup away from the final four. How did the rape enabling midget's team do this year again?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:13 am

What a gruesome way to lose! Horrible. At least it wasn't a buzzer beater.

Michigan made the necessary defensive adjustments for the most part. They were great at containing the Bruins down the stretch. Offensively, Michigan had chance after chance after chance to take the lead. The shot wasn't dropping for ANYONE. Eight missed field goals in a row to end the game.

Not a coaching issue when multiple players had high percentage shots that just wouldn't drop.

All that's left to say is - this Michigan team wouldn't have stood much of a chance against Gonzaga anyway. They weren't going to win a title this year. Not with Wagner's inconsistency, Smith suffering from poor shooting, and no Livers. Wagner was 1 of 10 from the field last night. Would've been a thing of beauty had his shot at the buzzer dropped.

Hard to beat anyone in the tournament if you shoot less than 40 percent from the field, commit turnovers, aren't draining threes, and aren't taking many trips to the free throw line.

Credit UCLA for the masterful job they did on Dickinson defensively and for their defensive intensity in general. Their hot shooter was the difference maker in this game.

Now, watch Gonzaga blow out the team that gave U-M, Bama and MSU fits!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic