Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bracketology

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Bracketology

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:26 pm

Down goes Illinois!

Down goes Illinois!

So glad their asshole coach lost!!!!

A stunning loss given how well they've bern playing. Would've ruined my bracket had I completed one!

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:34 pm

Ruined mine.....I had them winning it all :lol:

Big Ten really looking turr..able. Watch Rutgers be the last team standing.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:02 pm

Sister Jean has a great prayer life.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:04 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:45 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:22 am
Gigantic upset for sure!

Too bad the play by play announcer did a terrible job calling the ending of that game. How the hell did she get hired for NCAA tournament play by play?

And was she teamed with the guy who kept referring to Oregon State as the "Ducks" a couple nights ago?
I’ve yet to see a great woman PBP announcer... if somebody knows one feel free to correct me.
I think Doris (Burke?) is good.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:27 pm

Ya know what? In terms of the 10 & 11 seedings and play-in teams, the NCAA in hindsight actually did a pretty good job.

I was skeptical about Rutgers' 10 seed. I thought they should've been a play-in 11 seed. Rutgers is playing very well so far against a tough Houston team, and of course, they've already knocked off Clemson.

I was skeptical about Syracuse getting a regular 11 seed as opposed to a play-in 11 seed. Syracuse upset West Virginia earlier this evening and is headed to the Sweet 16!

The number of 2, 3 and 4 seeds going down so soon (not to mention #1 seed Illinois) is pretty surprising.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:00 pm

Thanks state of Texas. I put Texas, Texas Tech, and Houston in my Elite 8. That wasn't a bright idea, apparently.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:30 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:00 pm
Thanks state of Texas. I put Texas, Texas Tech, and Houston in my Elite 8. That wasn't a bright idea, apparently.
What, y'mean ya didn't have Abilene Christian in there as well?!?! :razz

Since when did the looong three-pointer become so common in college? Whatever happened to working for the high percentage shot? It seems most of these three-point shots are coming from far beyond the arc. It makes one wonder what the rule-makers were thinking when they originally had the arc touching the top of the key, which I thought was stupid. I've gotta admit these long bombs are sinking with uncommonly great regularity. Why work into the teeth of a defense when you can just launch long-range missles?

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:46 pm

Iowa gets blown out of the gym. BT continues to shine.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:07 pm

Major choke job by Rutgers in the final couple minutes of its game versus Houston!!! They threw that game away.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:40 pm

Franz Wagner's game is garbage. Has looked like a completely different player these past few weeks than earlier in the season.

First round NBA draft pick? MY ASS.
(This column from Orion Sang has not aged well: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 852599002/)

Would be nice if he could step up tonight and make a major positive contribution. Not looking good for Michigan.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:49 pm

Michigan has awoken offensively!!! Even Wagner scored a bucket! (He then proceeded to committed a stupid foul on the ensuing LSU possession.)

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:42 pm

Michigan is playing like shit. Poor defense and locked out of the interior on offense.

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:08 pm

Franz, thanks for waking up!

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:22 pm

Well, I still have ONE Final Four team, the most important.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:40 pm

THANK GOODNESS the "old" Franz Wagner showed up for about the final ten minutes of the game!

Before Wagner started playing better, even Steve Lavin on the broadcast in the second half noted how lost he looked. At one point, he said something to the effect of "he's just standing there and contributing nothing; he needs to get more involved."

(Unrelated note - what a stupid move on the part of St. John's University to fire Mr. Lavin as their head coach about six years ago.)

15 points and 7 boards is a solid outing for Wagner. He needs to perform at a similar level for the rest of the tournament.

Chaundee Brown - the senior transfer from Wake Forest - had the game of his career. Desperately needed that tonight, as Smith had a mediocre outing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic