Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan basketball looking damn good

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Michigan basketball looking damn good

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:45 am

Even with Sunday's defeat, OSU remains #4 in the latest AP Top 25. They outranked #5 Illinois by a razor thin margin. U-M, of course, remained #3.

Gonzaga is perhaps fraudulent. They play in a garbage conference. That said, they have been victorious against some really good non-conference teams ranked in the top 25 (such as Iowa and Kansas), so I can fault no one for ranking them #1.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:18 am

Don't forget about Baylor. They're undefeated too, beat Illinois at the start of the season and pretty much crushed Oklahoma last month.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:23 pm

The Wolverines just manhandled Iowa in the second half of tonight's game. Very impressive stuff.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:01 am

Best team in the country right now. I dont see any weaknesses. Could get peaking too early, and anything can happen in the NCAA's, but they are playing great basketball.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:00 am

MSU is suddenly looking like a tournament-worthy team!

Two very big wins in a row. Did I jinx the Buckeyes with my compliments last weekend? :razz

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:26 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:00 am

Two very big wins in a row. Did I jinx the Buckeyes with my compliments last weekend? :razz
Can you give their football program high compliments?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:06 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:00 am

Need to beat the Turtles Sunday, Indy at home, and 1 in the BTT. They ain't gonna win one of those Michigan games.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:28 am

I would not at all assume MSU can't pick up a win against the Wolverines. Both teams are playing their best ball of the season right now. Unlikely - yes. But definitely not impossible.

Re: OSU football - the Bucks are a lock for an undefeated season in 2021! ;)

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:08 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:28 am
I would not at all assume MSU can't pick up a win against the Wolverines. Both teams are playing their best ball of the season right now. Unlikely - yes. But definitely not impossible.
Yeah, but that's like saying Margot Robbie and Rosie O'Donnell are both looking their best. I'll be in that looooong line waiting for Margot.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:03 pm

MSU normally does do well in February, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they got bounced by a 10 seed in the opening round or even a 12 as a 5 seed.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:47 am

If MSU wins at least 1 of 2 against U-M and defeats Maryland and Indiana, I think they absolutely need to be given an NCAA tournament berth, regardless of what happens in the Big Ten tournament. Wins against Illinois, Ohio State and U-M - all coming late in the season - is a strong case.

If they drop both games to U-M, then the road becomes much more difficult (they would need to defeat Maryland and Indiana and probably would need at least two quality wins in the Big Ten tournament to be in the discussion and three wins to get in).

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:07 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:03 pm
MSU normally does do well in February, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they got bounced by a 10 seed in the opening round or even a 12 as a 5 seed.
Can I buy some of the shit you are smoking that makes you think MSU will be a 5 seed?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:10 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:47 am
If MSU wins at least 1 of 2 against U-M and defeats Maryland and Indiana, I think they absolutely need to be given an NCAA tournament berth, regardless of what happens in the Big Ten tournament. Wins against Illinois, Ohio State and U-M - all coming late in the season - is a strong case.

If they drop both games to U-M, then the road becomes much more difficult (they would need to defeat Maryland and Indiana and probably would need at least two quality wins in the Big Ten tournament to be in the discussion and three wins to get in).
Maryland tomorrow is H***. Win that and Indy and that could be enough.

Again....we are not beating Michigan. (I would love nothing more than to have this quote thrown back in my face).

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:07 pm

Beat Maryland tomorrow MSU is in I already believe they will be in if they get a couple of wins in Big Ten tourney. I don't see MSU beating Michigan moral win would be a split but Michigan is unbeatable I believe they will win the NCAA Championship.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:28 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:07 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:03 pm
Can I buy some of the shit you are smoking that makes you think MSU will be a 5 seed?
You play like you did against OSU, you might just run the Big 10 tournament or finish 2nd. Strength of schedule and quality wins matter to the selection crew.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic