Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan basketball looking damn good

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Michigan basketball looking damn good

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:56 am

This video has the potential to be more embarrassing than the MAAAAKEEEE PLAYYYYYYSSSSS crying video from Valenti: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iBKdP9eeGWk

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Robert Faygo

Re: Michigan basketball looking damn good

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 am

The thing is, all Valenti really cares about in his on-air persona is getting attention. Doesn't really matter to him if he's wrong or right on his sports takes. He's the king of bad takes, and it doesn't really matter other than better ratings for 97.1

I give him credit for making a stand -- there's no middle ground there and he didn't leave himself an out.

Oh, and it'd be great if Michigan could keep this hot streak going. They'll cool off, but sure seem to be a team to be reckoned with in both the B1G and in the tournament. That 43-6 run last night was nothing short of astounding.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:18 am

As much as I hate to say it, I agree. They have been pounding good basketball teams. A run like that never happens to a team like Wisconsin.

The smartest thing Howard did was hire Phil Martelli as associate head coach. He basically set up the formula for Howard to run.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:39 pm

The Wolverines get kudos from me for a terrific come from behind victory in Madison today. Not shabby after being dormant for over three weeks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:50 pm

Per an mgoblog user, Valenti called his Howard take one of his worst: https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/valenti-sa ... t-all-time

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:13 am

Let's face it - his original "take" on Howard was inspired by his antipathy for all things U-M and his desire for the basketball program to come crashing down, since for the better part of the past decade - U-M's program has been on no worse than even footing with MSU and has made more noise in the tournament than Sparty.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:14 pm

That Michigan - OSU game from today is one of the better college basketball games I've ever seen! Perhaps the best contest from a competitive and entertainment standpoint anywhere this season so far.

I won't go so far as to say instant classic, but one could certainly make an argument for that label as far as regular season games go.

Dickinson is a beast!

The Buckeyes do have a damn good team, and even though they suffered a narrow defeat at home, they are easily a top 10 team nationally. I'd have them as a 2 seed without a doubt. They sure stretched that final :44 to the full extent possible.

I'd be curious if either MSU or U-M tried recruiting Duane Washington. Sucks to see great players like that head out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:26 pm

Agreed on all points. Per Wikipedia, it looks like Michigan offered Washington, and he's definitely a Beilein type guy (dad and uncle played in the NBA).

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:30 pm

He comes from great lineage, no doubt.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:32 pm

I want Juwan Howard to be our coach for years to come.

To the NBA - keep the fuck away from Ann Arbor!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:27 pm

The Free Press sports editor and digital editor each need to be fired. The article about this great win is buried on their home page. A Miguel Cabrera propaganda article right now is prominently featured with oversized font over all other news. Pathetic.

Can the newspaper business die already please? (j/k)

Kudos to the Detroit News for giving this game the billing it deserves.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:44 pm

The Free Press is a joke. That Rainer Sabin asshole is trash.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:07 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:14 pm
That Michigan - OSU game from today is one of the better college basketball games I've ever seen! Perhaps the best contest from a competitive and entertainment standpoint anywhere this season so far.

I won't go so far as to say instant classic, but one could certainly make an argument for that label as far as regular season games go.

Dickinson is a beast!

The Buckeyes do have a damn good team, and even though they suffered a narrow defeat at home, they are easily a top 10 team nationally. I'd have them as a 2 seed without a doubt. They sure stretched that final :44 to the full extent possible.

I'd be curious if either MSU or U-M tried recruiting Duane Washington. Sucks to see great players like that head out of state.
Duane Washington practically begged for an MSU offer. Izzo gave it to Loyer instead. Sigh.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:34 pm

Damn. Thanks for sharing that tidbit.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:25 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:34 pm
Damn. Thanks for sharing that tidbit.
Pretty sure Beilien offered him but he really wanted to go to State. I think he had offers from Oregon and either UCLA or SC too. Izzo had been recruiting him, he was buddies with Xavier Tillman too.....and for some reason Izzo gave the spot to Loyer. How we missed on this guy is haunting this team now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic