Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan is the laughing stock of college football

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Michigan is the laughing stock of college football

Post by Honeyman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:59 pm

Couldn't happen to a more deserved and entitled bunch of pricks, led by head schmuck Jim Harbaugh.

Go Blue!

The censorship king from out of state.

MasterB

Re: Michigan is the laughing stock of college football

Post by MasterB » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:25 pm

1-3 for Michigan since 1967 I'm surprised that didn't happen in Rich Fraud era. Michigan didn't show up VS Wisconsin which is a theme for Jim Harbaugh teams can't get up for the big games.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:55 pm

It's ugly and embarrassing. :( Beyond bad.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:50 am

Both Big Ten schools in this state have pathetic football teams this year, but at least MSU has an excuse. U-M has absolutely zero excuse. Long-tenured head coach who was given a massive paycheck to achieve big things - top recruiting classes, compete for a Big Ten title, bring the program to parity or near parity with Ohio State, etc. Heads need to roll, and Harbaugh should be one of those heads.

As for MSU, good lord - their offense might need even more work than ours, but again, coming into this season, expectations for MSU were much lower than those for Michigan.

Michigan's anemic performance on the field this season and lack of trophy case brass has proven folks such as Paul Finebaum correct.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:32 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:50 am
Both Big Ten schools in this state have pathetic football teams this year, but at least MSU has an excuse. U-M has absolutely zero excuse. Long-tenured head coach who was given a massive paycheck to achieve big things - top recruiting classes, compete for a Big Ten title, bring the program to parity or near parity with Ohio State, etc. Heads need to roll, and Harbaugh should be one of those heads.

As for MSU, good lord - their offense might need even more work than ours, but again, coming into this season, expectations for MSU were much lower than those for Michigan.

Michigan's anemic performance on the field this season and lack of trophy case brass has proven folks such as Paul Finebaum correct.
For god sakes... STOP HIRING “MICHIGAN MEN” ALREADY!!!! No more connections to Bo either.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:43 am

Hindsight is 20-20, but I wish they would've pursued Kyle Whittingham, the head coach of the Utah Utes.

At the time, I was thrilled with the hire of Harbaugh. I've completely soured on him. Time to cut bait.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:48 am

I don't know who they can get honestly. Harbaugh was supposed to be the savior. They talk Luke Fickel but he's a die-hard Buckeye....not sure he would even entertain the job. Brady Hoke has SDSU playing well. :lol:

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:53 am

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:50 am

Harbaugh isn't getting fired, and he shouldn't. He may elect to leave/retire on his own terms, but there is no way Michigan is firing him. Michigan didn't fire a verifiable Neanderthal in season after he unquestionably endangered the health of his QB. The team has looked god awful the last three weeks, and there is no way around it. They have three weeks of very winnable games. If they win the next three games, they're 4-3 with a shot, however small, of getting a program defining win in the snake pit.

If Harbaugh decides to leave there is NO ONE that you can say would for sure be an upgrade. Michigan has tried everything:

A. The Outsider - Rich Rodriguez (Fickell, Campbell, Whittingham)

B. The former staffer - Brady Hoke (Not really any, unless you count Loeffler)

C. Program hero/alum - Jim Harbaugh (Tyrone Wheatley, Mike Hart, Nick Sheridan, maybe take a flyer on Charles Woodson?)

The expectations of how a program is run at Michigan extends beyond the AD, and there are standards that MUST be followed.

I believe Harbaugh should be extended this off-season, but I think he might have to make a clean sweep of his assistant staff. Don Brown has to be the first one out the door. ND went 4-8 in 2016, and they kept Brian Kelly, but he brought in a whole new staff. How's that working out for them?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:26 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:50 am
Harbaugh isn't getting fired, and he shouldn't. He may elect to leave/retire on his own terms, but there is no way Michigan is firing him. Michigan didn't fire a verifiable Neanderthal in season after he unquestionably endangered the health of his QB. The team has looked god awful the last three weeks, and there is no way around it. They have three weeks of very winnable games. If they win the next three games, they're 4-3 with a shot, however small, of getting a program defining win in the snake pit.

If Harbaugh decides to leave there is NO ONE that you can say would for sure be an upgrade. Michigan has tried everything:

C. Program hero/alum - Jim Harbaugh (Tyrone Wheatley, Mike Hart, Nick Sheridan, maybe take a flyer on Charles Woodson?)

The expectations of how a program is run at Michigan extends beyond the AD, and there are standards that MUST be followed.

I believe Harbaugh should be extended this off-season, but I think he might have to make a clean sweep of his assistant staff. Don Brown has to be the first one out the door. ND went 4-8 in 2016, and they kept Brian Kelly, but he brought in a whole new staff. How's that working out for them?
Rich Rod wasn’t given enough time.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:29 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:26 am
Matt wrote:

Rich Rod wasn’t given enough time.
No argument here, but his failure was directly attributed to his predecessor working directly against him.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:29 pm

Matt wrote:

Harbaugh doesn't deserve anything but a kick in the pants. Milton is pathetic. The corners are even worse. As far as winning in the snake pit? Please. The Bucks are liable to put a 70 burger on us.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Interesting post from the MGoBlog the other day. Take it for what it's worth.

"Was able to get to AA on Friday and ran into a few people close to the team. Wanted to share what I was told, one of these guys played with coach in the mid 80's, and the other is the husband of one of the regents. First and foremost, they both said unless coach takes another job he will not get fired, but that coaching changes were most likely coming to the staff. They also said without hesitation that coach was close to a contract extension last winter, but the situation took a back seat to covid.

On Dmac - He was neck and neck with JM and doing very well. DM pulled himself out of practice and told the coaches he felt sick, although he didn't look sick, and was having a great week of practice. Apparently this ticked off coach and showed "a sign of weakness". Seemingly coach then tried to motivate DM to get after it and continue to practice and workout with his team. When DM told his parents about the way coach was handling him feeling sick they got extremely upset. As a family they decided to sleep on it for that weekend, the following Monday Mr. and Mrs. Mcc let the coaches know that DM was going to finish his scholastic year and transfer. It sounds like DM might go play for his father next season, while also looking at Nebraska, and West Coast schools.

The only thing I will add to this story is that 100% DM was QB1 at the practice I was able to watch last winter. I was puzzled when all the smoke started to come out about JM, and how he won the job. I do not believe this was the case any longer.

The program seems fractured. In another story, JH has lost almost all the support from previous players from the Detroit area. Almost all of them have been very vocal with their peers, high school coaches, and circle that JH is a dictator who plays favorites. I'm definitely missing some guys on this list but here are a few (LockDownLew, Dawson, Hill sr, Ambry, Bellville coach, DPJ, and others). in fact if you look at their tweets in the past 2 weeks, they have all taken shots at coach.

Need to hold onto our recruits for next year, sign some more, and beat Rutgers"

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:39 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:29 pm

As far as winning in the snake pit? Please. The Bucks are liable to put a 70 burger on us.
we wont win but to be clear there are no snakes in the snake pit this year

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:54 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:39 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:29 pm

As far as winning in the snake pit? Please. The Bucks are liable to put a 70 burger on us.
we wont win but to be clear there are no snakes in the snake pit this year
Greg Mattison won't be there?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic