Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Get Matt Patricha fired!!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
tigerwings

Re: Get Matt Patricha fired!!

Post by tigerwings » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:48 pm

The Lay-in's can release Matt without a cap hit this year. Can do a lot with that cap space.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:16 am

tigerwings wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:48 pm
The Lay-in's can release Matt without a cap hit this year. Can do a lot with that cap space.
According to this, Stafford's cap hit this year is $22,650,000.

Also,
The Sporting News on Nov. 26, 2020 wrote:If the Lions released Stafford following the season, it'd leave them with $24.85 million in dead cap. That'd be the most dead cap money taken on by a team in NFL history. Detroit would be saving money with such a move, not owing Stafford more than $40 million in base salary and roster bonuses for the next two seasons. But to choose to get rid of a still-gifted starting NFL quarterback with two years left on his contract, only to still take a decent cap blow anyway, wouldn't make much sense.
Here's the complete Sporting News article.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:50 pm

Still gifted? He’s clearly on the downside of his career.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:42 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:50 pm
Still gifted? He’s clearly on the downside of his career.
When you're without your best receivers, have a sieve-like O-line, and there's no running game to speak of....

Stafford was playing at the highest level of his career as recently as a year ago before his back injury. It's difficult for me to believe he can lose it, whatever "it" is, in that short a span. No, he's not elite and his decision-making is often questionable, but at least he tries to make plays. FWIW, that's something Joey Harrington was never accused of.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:47 pm

[quote=moldyoldie post_id=645406 time=1607087818 user_id=75]
[quote=tigerwings post_id=645280 time=1607028507 user_id=23]
[/quote]

[url=https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/cap/]According to this[/url], Stafford's cap hit this year is $22,650,000.

Also,[quote="The Sporting News on Nov. 26, 2020"]If the Lions released Stafford following the season, it'd leave them with $24.85 million in dead cap. That'd be the most dead cap money taken on by a team in NFL history. Detroit would be saving money with such a move, not owing Stafford more than $40 million in base salary and roster bonuses for the next two seasons. But to choose to get rid of a still-gifted starting NFL quarterback with two years left on his contract, only to still take a decent cap blow anyway, wouldn't make much sense.[/quote]
[url=https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... %20seasons.]Here's the complete Sporting News article[/url].
[/quote]

Didn't know his contract was restructured in September. Under the prior contract would have been a cap savings of $17 million.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:26 pm

Playing so well last year, yet he had a losing record. He needs to go.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:24 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:26 pm
Playing so well last year, yet he had a losing record. He needs to go.
You're such a dope. Have you seen what Justin Herbert is doing for the Chargers? He has a losing record. He's also a lock for rookie of the year. But his coach is an idiot (sound familiar?) and the team is owned by a family of fools (sound familiar?!?)

Football is not tennis or golf, dolt. Its a team sport and the Lions team stinks.

The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:05 pm

Stafford throws for 400+ and 3 tds today and he's the problem according to fuzzy.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:34 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:05 pm
Stafford throws for 400+ and 3 tds today and he's the problem according to fuzzy.
Even the NFL Today commentators seemed to agree that Stafford is being wasted on the Lions and speculated this may be his last season in Motown with as many as twelve to twenty other teams who'd love to have him.

- Sydney J. Harris

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:49 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:34 am
Even the NFL Today commentators seemed to agree that Stafford is being wasted on the Lions and speculated this may be his last season in Motown with as many as twenty other teams who'd love to have him.
I've said it before on here. They want outta Michigan. I'm not sure where she's from. They are selling (or have already sold) the house. She's on Twitter talking about how she is so done with this state. We won't know until the season is over. But I believe they already have their eyes set on another team. Betcha it's somewhere warm during the winter.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:00 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:49 am
moldyoldie wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:34 am
Even the NFL Today commentators seemed to agree that Stafford is being wasted on the Lions and speculated this may be his last season in Motown with as many as twenty other teams who'd love to have him.
I've said it before on here. They want outta Michigan. I'm not sure where she's from. They are selling (or have already sold) the house. She's on Twitter talking about how she is so done with this state. We won't know until the season is over. But I believe they already have their eyes set on another team. Betcha it's somewhere warm during the winter.
Does Atlanta qualify as warm in the winter? Because that’s your answer on where she’s from. He’s from Texas of course.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:36 am

Stafford won't be a free agent at the end of the season, I think he has 2 years left on his contract, so sme team will have to trade for him. I've heard the Broncos are talking about offering a #1. I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:00 pm

I heard Terry Bradshaw practically begging the Rams to look into acquiring Stafford.

- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic