Page 1 of 2

Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:23 pm
by bmw
Seriously. Can we just disband the team?

24-6 lead blown in last year's opener.
23-6 lead blown today.

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:06 pm
by Honeyman
Even for the Lie-downs, that was embarassing. Especially the dropped gimme TD at the end.

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:14 pm
by MWmetalhead
Welcome back, bmw!

I just read the synopsis of today's game from Justin Rogers of the Detroit News.

I told my dad on the phone at halftime three things:
1) I'm watching zero of today's game (and probably most other Lions' games this season, for that matter);
2) We should've seen Ford Field completely empty and devoid of fans for a Lions home game many years sooner!
3) Watch the Lions blow the game late in the fourth quarter just like last year.


...and guess what happened! :)

SAME
OLD
LIONS!


How fitting that the Lions had a chance to regain in the lead in the closing seconds only to have a receiver drop a pass.

Judging from the stats, it appears the Lions as usual were pitiful on offense within opposing territory. How many times did they enter the red zone today only to come away with no points or 3 points?

I know it's early - but so far Swift appears to be yet another "stellar" early round draft pick by this putrid Lions organization.

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:40 am
by Ben Zonia
Sometimes I think that they are being paid to lose. Who makes money on that year after year?

Long ago I stopped watching because I knew they would probably lose.

But no, Lions are a protected species, so they can't be put out their misery.

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:13 am
by moldyoldie
I usually cuss and swear up a storm, this time I laughed my fool head off! :lol

Just to be fair, we did lose both our cornerbacks to injury (and our first rounder to previous injury) and our big free agent signing at linebacker to a head butt to the belly of a ref. :razz Arguably our best player (Golliday) was also sidelined. Still, a dropped pass for a winning TD in the closing seconds is just too, uh, Lionesque to brush off; and how many games can we expect old man Adrian Peterson to stay healthy?

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm
by MotorCityRadioFreak
Like the trolls on this board, the best thing to do is watch them for entertainment purposes only with NO expectation of winning. It becomes comical. You will enjoy your Sundays much more.

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:45 pm
by lovinlife101
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm
Like the trolls on this board, the best thing to do is watch them for entertainment purposes only with NO expectation of winning. It becomes comical. You will enjoy your Sundays much more.
Are you going to threaten a lawsuit to them too? The Fords have quite a bit of money. You'd lose.

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:26 pm
by Rate This
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:45 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm
Like the trolls on this board, the best thing to do is watch them for entertainment purposes only with NO expectation of winning. It becomes comical. You will enjoy your Sundays much more.
Are you going to threaten a lawsuit to them too? The Fords have quite a bit of money. You'd lose.
So would you.

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:58 pm
by lovinlife101
Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:26 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:45 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm
Like the trolls on this board, the best thing to do is watch them for entertainment purposes only with NO expectation of winning. It becomes comical. You will enjoy your Sundays much more.
Are you going to threaten a lawsuit to them too? The Fords have quite a bit of money. You'd lose.
So would you.
I win at anything I try.

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:34 pm
by Rate This
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:26 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:45 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm
Like the trolls on this board, the best thing to do is watch them for entertainment purposes only with NO expectation of winning. It becomes comical. You will enjoy your Sundays much more.
Are you going to threaten a lawsuit to them too? The Fords have quite a bit of money. You'd lose.
So would you.
I win at anything I try.
You’ve been on the cover of troll monthly 6 issues in a row... quite an honor.

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:48 pm
by MotorCityRadioFreak
McLovin’ has another thread where he talks about little boys a ton. I can’t wait until he gets caught on Predator Poachers of Michigan’s channel on YouTube.

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:03 pm
by bmw
Another day. Another blown double-digit lead (albeit an early one).

Terrible clock management in the last 2 minutes of the first half.
Bad play calling.
Too many dumb penalties.
Terrible defense in the 3rd quarter.

Vintage Lions. Now 0-2.

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:12 pm
by Bryce
On the bright side, they covered the spread! Weeeee

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:39 pm
by MWmetalhead
Today's performance reeked so badly of incompetence, that Matt Patricia's name is currently trending on Twitter! LOL

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:53 pm
by MotorCityRadioFreak
Ligers(Lions and Tigers)are known for the magic in always finding ways to lose.