Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 2 at 7:30a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Unfortunately, There Are Elements Of Truth In This Meme

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
TC Shuts Up
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Unfortunately, There Are Elements Of Truth In This Meme

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:37 pm

Image


Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Matt
Posts: 4452
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Unfortunately, There Are Elements Of Truth In This Meme

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:12 pm

The branch covidians won't like this!



User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 8684
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Unfortunately, There Are Elements Of Truth In This Meme

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:18 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:12 pm
The branch covidians won't like this!
But their makers love it.



MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 3233
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Unfortunately, There Are Elements Of Truth In This Meme

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:50 pm

COVID liked this post.


My mom taught me an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. It's too bad Repubes don't believe in prevention for COVID, but they can deny someone water waiting in a line to vote.

km1125
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Unfortunately, There Are Elements Of Truth In This Meme

Post by km1125 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:07 pm

Why is it that every local and national newscast gives the latest "COVID" cases and deaths but never, ever, explains that each positive test doesn't necessarily mean another positive case?? Not once have I heard an anchor mention that when they give the latest numbers.



User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 8684
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Unfortunately, There Are Elements Of Truth In This Meme

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:32 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:07 pm
Why is it that every local and national newscast gives the latest "COVID" cases and deaths but never, ever, explains that each positive test doesn't necessarily mean another positive case?? Not once have I heard an anchor mention that when they give the latest numbers.
They are reporting cases and deaths... nobody is reporting how many tests were conducted to get that number of cases. The numbers are also prefaced as “new” cases. So the state is weeding that data out as they go to the best of their ability. They are trying to keep a database and do contact tracing after all.



Matt
Posts: 4452
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Unfortunately, There Are Elements Of Truth In This Meme

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:37 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:07 pm
Why is it that every local and national newscast gives the latest "COVID" cases and deaths but never, ever, explains that each positive test doesn't necessarily mean another positive case?? Not once have I heard an anchor mention that when they give the latest numbers.
Take a look at this click bait, negative article from mlive: https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/20 ... weeks.html

Then look at the official UM site's positivity rate for the last few weeks: https://campusblueprint.umich.edu/dashboard/

Finally, tell me why the article doesn't say, "Despite uptick in UM cases, positivity rate remains beneath 2%".



User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 8684
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Unfortunately, There Are Elements Of Truth In This Meme

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:48 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:37 pm
km1125 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:07 pm
Why is it that every local and national newscast gives the latest "COVID" cases and deaths but never, ever, explains that each positive test doesn't necessarily mean another positive case?? Not once have I heard an anchor mention that when they give the latest numbers.
Take a look at this click bait, negative article from mlive: https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/20 ... weeks.html

Then look at the official UM site's positivity rate for the last few weeks: https://campusblueprint.umich.edu/dashboard/

Finally, tell me why the article doesn't say, "Despite uptick in UM cases, positivity rate remains beneath 2%".
Because that implies the whole thing is no big deal which is something we know isn’t the case. That statement would be quite biased actually.

The U of M’s official statement references a large uptick in cases. Even U of M isn’t making the not a big deal argument you’re trying to make here.



km1125
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Unfortunately, There Are Elements Of Truth In This Meme

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:58 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:32 pm
They are reporting cases and deaths... nobody is reporting how many tests were conducted to get that number of cases. The numbers are also prefaced as “new” cases. So the state is weeding that data out as they go to the best of their ability. They are trying to keep a database and do contact tracing after all.
That's the problem. They are reporting it as CASES, when indeed it's actually just "positive tests" and we don't know how many of those positive tests are just retests of the same person. They are intentionally promoting some propaganda without any disclaimer that says the real numbers could be MUCH lower than they are reporting.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic