Acceptable registrations in the queue through January 10 at 7:30a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 2011
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by Honeyman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:54 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:12 pm
On the bright side, they covered the spread! Weeeee
Nope...spread was 6 1/2.


LMAO...............so says ............... YOU!

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 4325
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by Bryce » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:41 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:54 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:12 pm
On the bright side, they covered the spread! Weeeee
Nope...spread was 6 1/2.
Your right. I don't know why, but I thought the final score was 22 - 21. My bad.


Democrats were all for riots, until they were against them.

User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 2011
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by Honeyman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:41 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:54 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:12 pm
On the bright side, they covered the spread! Weeeee
Nope...spread was 6 1/2.
Your right. I don't know why, but I thought the final score was 22 - 21. My bad.
No worries...betting against the Lie-downs pays my mortgage. :lol:


LMAO...............so says ............... YOU!

User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 2328
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:13 pm

This defense reminds me of the Terry Fair years.


"I think that those who would try to make you feel less than who you are, I think that's the greatest evil."- Fred Rogers
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."-Winston Churchill

User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 2011
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by Honeyman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:17 pm

They looked almost like a real football team yesterday. No turnovers, clutch drive to win it at the end of the game. At least 0-16 will not be repeated.

Fire Patricia.


LMAO...............so says ............... YOU!

User avatar
moldyoldie
Posts: 441
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:04 am
Location: On that thar' interweb jobber

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:47 am

How they handle Brees and the Saints will be telling. Hopefully, the injury situation will improve, especially in the secondary.

I still can't understand why the Lions' pass rush is so damn anemic! :evil: And I gotta believe the O-line is one of the league's worst; Adrian Peterson is probably wondering what he signed up for. Stafford should be used to scrambling for his life by now. :razz


"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4793
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:41 am

Adrian Peterson is a piece of human garbage who should be in jail.


Tesla cars are overpriced rolling shitboxes on wheels.

bmw
Posts: 2684
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:27 pm

I'll take the lack comments about the Saints putting up 35 consecutive points and converting every single third down they encountered during those 5 drives as an indication that nobody's even watching this dumpster fire any more?



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4793
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:07 am

In my case - 100% correct. :)

I haven't watched any of the games this season. I'll start watching once Patricia (and hopefully Quinn, too) are fired.


Tesla cars are overpriced rolling shitboxes on wheels.

User avatar
moldyoldie
Posts: 441
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:04 am
Location: On that thar' interweb jobber

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:26 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:27 pm
I'll take the lack comments about the Saints putting up 35 consecutive points and converting every single third down they encountered during those 5 drives as an indication that nobody's even watching this dumpster fire any more?
I was watching (sigh), but my earlier comment, "How they handle Brees and the Saints will be telling.", pretty much does just that.

Stafford's interception in the end zone is something that just can't happen if you expect to win.


"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4793
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:20 am

Stupid column headline from Bob Wojnowski:

"If Matt Patricia can't fix the Lions' abysmal defense, he can't stay."

The article is behind a paywall, so I was unable to read it.

Wojo acts as if the jury is still out on that question!!! The older he gets, the more clueless he becomes. It's sad, because 10 to 15 years ago, Wojo was an outstanding columnist.

It should be plainly obvious to the whole universe that Matt Patricia is completely incompetent. His time is up. He needs to get the hell out of here - NOW.


Tesla cars are overpriced rolling shitboxes on wheels.

Matt
Posts: 3542
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:06 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:20 am
Stupid column headline from Bob Wojnowski:

"If Matt Patricia can't fix the Lions' abysmal defense, he can't stay."

The article is behind a paywall, so I was unable to read it.

Wojo acts as if the jury is still out on that question!!! The older he gets, the more clueless he becomes. It's sad, because 10 to 15 years ago, Wojo was an outstanding columnist.

It should be plainly obvious to the whole universe that Matt Patricia is completely incompetent. His time is up. He needs to get the hell out of here - NOW.
The corporate media is a joke, just now getting the idea that local content should be paywalled after 2 decades of providing it for free.



User avatar
moldyoldie
Posts: 441
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:04 am
Location: On that thar' interweb jobber

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:10 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:06 pm
The corporate media is a joke, just now getting the idea that local content should be paywalled after 2 decades of providing it for free.
Free, sure, albeit behind layer upon layer upon layer of advertising! It wasn't till I installed 8 gigs of RAM that I could read the damn things without waiting five minutes or more for the f---in' ads to download! And that's if the damn computer didn't freeze up! >:


"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic