Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Milwaukee Bucks boycott game v. Orlando magic

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Lester The Nightfly

Milwaukee Bucks boycott game v. Orlando magic

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:55 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 637163002/

The Milwaukee Bucks, who were scheduled to play the Orlando Magic in Game 5 of their first-round NBA playoff series at 4:10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, boycotted the game in protest of the Jacob Blake shooting, a person familiar with the situation told USA TODAY Sports.

Editorially related, the NBA on TNT broadcast last night was as compelling a bit of television as I've seen in quite awhile. They ran Doc River's powerful press conference comments, then the 'guys' spent a good amount of time having a hard-as-nails discussion about race relations in the country. While you could perhaps take some issue that it was four multi-millionaires weighing in on the issues, none the less, it was as honest a discussion as you could hope to see on a broadcast. Props to everyone involved, I'm sure they'll get a lot of static about it, but I admire they did it.

As for the Bucks/Magic boycott, I'd be real surprised if there's any NBA game played tonight.

Rate This

Re: Milwaukee Bucks boycott game v. Orlando magic

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:52 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:49 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:55 pm

The Milwaukee Bucks, who were scheduled to play the Orlando Magic in Game 5 of their first-round NBA playoff series at 4:10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, boycotted the game in protest of the Jacob Blake shooting, a person familiar with the situation told USA TODAY Sports.

Editorially related, the NBA on TNT broadcast last night was as compelling a bit of television as I've seen in quite awhile. They ran Doc River's powerful press conference comments, then the 'guys' spent a good amount of time having a hard-as-nails discussion about race relations in the country. While you could perhaps take some issue that it was four multi-millionaires weighing in on the issues, none the less, it was as honest a discussion as you could hope to see on a broadcast. Props to everyone involved, I'm sure they'll get a lot of static about it, but I admire they did it.

As for the Bucks/Magic boycott, I'd be real surprised if there's any NBA game played tonight.
If they don't field a team, they forfeit and lose. It's that simple.
So when both don’t show up? There are no draws skippy

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:57 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:55 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:52 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:49 pm
Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:55 pm

If they don't field a team, they forfeit and lose. It's that simple.
So when both don’t show up? There are no draws skippy
Then the next team in the playoffs gets a bye. No, not a "bi." You'd love that kind of thing.

If two teams refuse to play, let them go home like the losers they are and they can join the rest of you on the unemployment line.
That’s not how it works skippy. How’s moms basement? Cheeto supply holding up?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:25 pm

For all practical purposes the players had no other choice than to walk away from play. Not after having to go to bat for permission to wear BLM warm-up's, messages on their uniforms and messaging in the venue. The owners, league and TV networks would have been quite happy to have none of that appear in their games (Stick to Sprots!!!) yet they persevered and to what end? To see one more black life shattered by questionable police action. Anyone who has the slightest bit of self-respect would have done the same and walked.

There have been a few reports that there are some MLB games that may be boycotted today as well. So be it.

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:41 pm

Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:25 pm
For all practical purposes the players had no other choice than to walk away from play. Not after having to go to bat for permission to wear BLM warm-up's, messages on their uniforms and messaging in the venue. The owners, league and TV networks would have been quite happy to have none of that appear in their games (Stick to Sprots!!!) yet they persevered and to what end? To see one more black life shattered by questionable police action. Anyone who has the slightest bit of self-respect would have done the same and walked.

There have been a few reports that there are some MLB games that may be boycotted today as well. So be it.
Three MLB games postponed last night in solidarity with the NBA, and seven (I think?) MLB games postponed tonight for the same reason. Both the NBA and NHL agreed to suspend play until Saturday. WNBA has also postponed play, MLS teams have postponed matches, and more NFL teams have skipped practice.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:40 am

Fire them all. They can protest on their OWN time. Get people in there who will work.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:55 am

Pro sports are done, and they have nobody to blame but themselves and their self righteous indignation.

Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic